Question on Traxxion Dynamics Suspension on Trike

BrokenBackJack

400+ Posts
Feb 5, 2017
Payson, AZ USA
We are thinking of selling our 2010 Goldwing CSC Trike with 15,000 miles on it and updating to a 2020 Goldwing and putting a CSC Encore Trike Kit on it.

The 2020 Goldwing has the Traxxion Dynamics Suspension on it and wondering if it will interfere with Triking it? Don't believe it will but thought I would ask.

Here is supposedly what is on the bike.

[FONT=&quot] Front shock: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]https://traxxion.com/product/2018-2019-honda-gold-wing-tour-front-shock/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rear shock: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]https://traxxion.com/product/2018-2019-honda-gold-wing-tour-rear-shock/[/FONT]

I know these are setup for the driver and riders weight but hopefully that won't be a problem if we go this route.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Bought a 2018

Being I couldn't get a straight answer on my question, we passed on the 2020 and bought a White 2018 Tour yesterday with 1,970 miles on it.

Now I need a good backrest for it, one that is adjustable so I can move it ahead more for my back. Don't want one that just sits upright or flips forward. Maybe they don't make what I am thinking.

Also needing a luggage rack for the back. Thinking Black being the bike is White.

Your thoughts on rack and backrest?

We will be putting a CSC Encore Trike on it in the future.

I have had a Utopia backrest on almost every one of my bikes/trike/Spyder. This last one I bought I tiewrapped a rubber doorknob to the centerpiece to get more of an angle to the backrest pad.. feels great…can’t be seen…wish I had thought to do that on all the previous Utopias I have had.. I had bought a cheaper ShowChrome backrest but the pad was too small.. felt like a fst in my back. As well, the pouch attached to it was quite small. The pouch on the Utopia is a good size.

As to the trunk rack…. Be SURE to use star washers to spread out the tension of the screw mounts or risk cracking your trunk lid. I read of this trick AFTER cracks developed on the trunk lid of husband’s Gold Wing. Had to buy a used lid from a salvage yard and have it painted to match… but then was too afraid to put the trunk rack back on. Regular washers will not keep it from cracking.

Thank you very kindly for the info. I too like a good sized backrest.

We have a Kuryakyn Revolution on our 2010 Goldwing Trike and just love it.

5 1/2 back surgeries and 2 neck surgeries, so I need support badly!

Sometime if you have time can you take a pic of what you did with the rubber door knob? Not grasping it and that happens quite often since my last stroke.

As far as the luggage rack goes, we have one on our 2010 also with no problems but haven't looked at how they mounted it. Good to know about the star washers. Appreciate your info!

Thank you kindly.

Took pics… hoping they attach.. here goes.. the doorknob changed he angle of the pad. I mean door jam… not doorknob..

Just enough…otherwise the pad is straight up and down and gives no real support except to lean back against it. Might not be comfortable for everyone but has sure helped my aching back. The pic on the bottom shows the backrest pad flipped over so you can see the door jam.

B2110F47-8257-4DA1-93B9-6B8DB8A313F1.jpg8F55D890-E7B3-410C-BC95-3624113DFC16.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png