Maggie Valley

As there should be.

Far to many morons making the stretch of road their own personal raceway.

Of course the locals suffer from the stupidity of others. There's a road here that motorcyclists love to crash on. there's a few monuments to their stupidity. They're not locals. They kept dropping the speed limit. Did it help no. The crashers aren't paying attention to the speed limit. But the road becomes heavily patrolled. Yep so instead of,50 we get to do,35 or risk a ticket.

Dragon

Last time I was on it I watched an idiot in a go fast car miss turn and go off roaring up a hill then a little further saw 3 guys and 2 bikes by side of road. Bike #3 was off the side down the hill

On a better note maybe construction on Parkway will be complete by the time we are there

I do know some back roads to get around it

Rides

Anyone started thinking about ride destination/routes for each day yet?

Or have suggestions?

Here’s a couple -not sure if it’s been done in past years as my memory sucks.

Helen Georgia and Tapoco Lodge/Grill

North Ga is my playground.

Hellen is a tourist trap but excellent riding in the area.

It would be a 4 1/2 to 5 hour round trip on mostly 4 lane roads.

If you want to ride the interesting roads it could easily become an 8 to 10 hour day.

Tapoco is right at the foot of the dragon. There's always someone who want's to go that way.

North Ga is my playground.

Hellen is a tourist trap but excellent riding in the area.

It would be a 4 1/2 to 5 hour round trip on mostly 4 lane roads.

If you want to ride the interesting roads it could easily become an 8 to 10 hour day.

Tapoco is right at the foot of the dragon. There's always someone who want's to go that way.

You lead em Mike,I will follow.

Mrs Notgrownup and I are considering going up. So the host Hotel is Best Western Maggie Valley? What are the actual dates of the meet? I looked at all the pages to see if there was a link…

It really does sound like a good time. I think I will put that on my to-do list for this year.

Maybe if we decide to go we can meet up in the Triad area somewhere and we can tag along up there… who knows . What to expect… lol … bunch of old farts talking trash … comparing bikes, taking rides… Eat to ride ride to eat… New friendships…

Maybe if we decide to go we can meet up in the Triad area somewhere and we can tag along up there… who knows . What to expect… lol … bunch of old farts talking trash … comparing bikes, taking rides… Eat to ride ride to eat… New friendships…

I was thinking along those lines myself. I live just off Highway 64 in Ramseur. I don't know which way you will be taking. My original plan was to take 64 to Mocksville and pick up I-40. But if you'd like to hook up we could definitely work that out later.

Hell I was thinking 64 all the way to Morganton.. or non interstate all the way.

I actually like 64 better than 40, I can easily take it from here. That 70-80 mph on the interstate is not my style but I do it. On out trip to Watkins Glen last year we found out we liked the secondary highways way better. Like I said it’s sometimes a necessary evil to ride the slab.

We want to go visit my family in Canada but I might wait until I retire.

Thank you. So most of the meet n greet activities in the evenings will be at the Hotel? Or at another location?

All the activities will be at the Best Western, although some of us will be RVing at close by RV Parks.

Hell I was thinking 64 all the way to Morganton.. or non interstate all the way.

I actually like 64 better than 40, I can easily take it from here. That 70-80 mph on the interstate is not my style but I do it. On out trip to Watkins Glen last year we found out we liked the secondary highways way better. Like I said it’s sometimes a necessary evil to ride the slab.

We want to go visit my family in Canada but I might wait until I retire.

How did you like Watkins glen? Before I moved to North Carolina I lived about 25 miles down Route 14. Horseheads.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png