• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

emergency brake cables

Dragon

250+ Posts
Reaction score
Hello

can someone explain how the emergency brake cables work. pull on handle cable runs to left brake and the right cable is linked to this how and also pulls right brake cable. there is only one place where the cable can be adjusted at the handle. how are you supposed to adjust the cables doesn't make sense to me

Dragon

Like most parking brake set ups the cables share a connector. Adjustment is made with a threaded rod that pulls on both cables equally

yea i thought there should be some kinda adjustment also. the cable comes from handle and goes to the left wheel with the right being attached to this cable with some kind of non adjustable connection. i don't know the theory of this connection works. only adjustment is by handle:xzqxz:

Dragon

yea i thought there should be some kinda adjustment also. the cable comes from handle and goes to the left wheel with the right being attached to this cable with some kind of non adjustable connection. i don't know the theory of this connection works. only adjustment is by handle:xzqxz:

Dragon

Most cables are linked via a term called an equalizer , it comes in many different versions. The theory is to pull both cables equally, 2 examples

OMX-1675601.jpg
926-284_1.jpg

Thanks Jack the equalizer has no adjustment. only adjustment is by the handle itself. my actual problem was wrong spring on new calipers, took me 2 days to figure that one out:xzqxz: thanks

Dragon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png