DNA Axle Mounting Info Please

Reaction score
Hello, new member here. I am building a custom trike, I am considering the DNA axle, can anyone give me the dimensions of the blocks on the axle with the two holes? I'll post a picture describing what I need.

Nobody knows?

Richard that is a tough question. I expect there are only a very few members that may have access to that information. Most members don't read everyday. Hopefully in the next week or 2 someone who knows will jump on.

Gorilla

Hello, new member here. I am building a custom trike, I am considering the DNA axle, can anyone give me the dimensions of the blocks on the axle with the two holes? I'll post a picture describing what I need.

wouldnt it make sense to get the rear and use it for the hole pattern?

I don't have the funds for the rear axle yet. I am building the frame and using a go-kart axle temporarily so I can roll it around, and load it on a trailer. When the time comes, I want to be able to bolt the new axle in place.

I don't have the funds for the rear axle yet. I am building the frame and using a go-kart axle temporarily so I can roll it around, and load it on a trailer. When the time comes, I want to be able to bolt the new axle in place.

personally i would wait till i had the axle in hand before making any brackets...

to many times i have done something similar.. then the part i was waiting for wasnt available or was a little different or i changed my mind...

It's not a MAJOR job to modify it later. But it would be so nice to just bolt it up when the time comes if I could just get a couple simple measurements. I talked to a tech at DNA And he had a couple measurements but not all. I'd even buy a mounting bracket if I could. There are a lot of these things out and about owned by forum members according to my searches. I'd even pay somebody for their time to take the measurements.

It's not a MAJOR job to modify it later. But it would be so nice to just bolt it up when the time comes if I could just get a couple simple measurements. I talked to a tech at DNA And he had a couple measurements but not all. I'd even buy a mounting bracket if I could. There are a lot of these things out and about owned by forum members according to my searches. I'd even pay somebody for their time to take the measurements.

id do it for u if i could ...modify it later?? y not just leave it altogether .. making those 4 pads shouldnt take more than a few hrs..

seems to me if they couldnt get u that info the are not to interested in selling u a kit!

You are out of my league.

I did see this Question posted under the Home Built Trikes at the bottom of your post ... search for this thread ...

Need DNA rear axle dimension.

Maybe something in there you will help you or find a person who knows more than me about DNA,

Last edited:

I'm a DNA dealer and you can order the mounting plates.

Sorry I just now saw this, thanks for the response. I have since decided to build my own chain drive rear with an automotive diff. I looked at your site, nice work!

Sorry I just now saw this, thanks for the response. I have since decided to build my own chain drive rear with an automotive diff. I looked at your site, nice work!

Be sure to post info on the differential conversion. I'm currently building a chain drive rear axle using a Toyota pickup truck differential carrier.

Bob

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png