Can wheel size be changed on a Tow-Pac?

Reggie Delano

Mar 8, 2021
Bayonet Point, FL, USA
I just acquired a used "B" model Instatrike unit that came off of some flavor of a HD soft tail. I'm putting it on a new-to-me 1999 Drifter 1500. Modifying the inner attachment does not appear to be too difficult. But I really don't like the idea of 12" wheels.

Has anybody "bumped" up the 12" wheels, and if so, how did you do it and what size worked best for you? TIA!!:confused:

I just acquired a used "B" model Instatrike unit that came off of some flavor of a HD soft tail. I'm putting it on a new-to-me 1999 Drifter 1500. Modifying the inner attachment does not appear to be too difficult. But I really don't like the idea of 12" wheels.

Has anybody "bumped" up the 12" wheels, and if so, how did you do it and what size worked best for you? TIA!!:confused:

good luck getting any help, seems like us outrigger guys are the black sheep of the family

reggie, wayne sorry for no responses. wayne i disagree about the black sheep comment. i order to answer reggie's question the person must have been an outrigger rider or installer. we have few members that fill that area. so no one has the knowledge to say. i would not want to have someone say something that causes a problem because they answer from a i think rather then actual knowledge.

whats wrong with 12" see a lot on trailers and even smaller

more than likely the trailer is rater for way more weight than the out riggers u have will ever carry

What did you end up doing?

Sorry guys, I don't come by here very often.

It took me quite awhile, but I just road tested the install I built with the 12" wheels and it rides every bit as good as any of half dozen true trikes I've had in the past 15 years. I plan on enjoying the ride for awhile before I attempt to move from the 12" rims up to the 16" rims that I really want. I've rebuilt the rear suspension adjustments to accommodate the raising the hubs. I want to do that so the rear wheels are the same size as the fronts, along with matching whitewalls. I'll also hand lay up a set of fiberglass rear fenders to match the look of the front.

Attachments

• TT Drifter.jpg
    TT Drifter.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 58

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png