Harley with CSC Conversion - Miles Per Gallon

cycle7447

800+ Posts
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I will be taking my fist ride today.

Normally, my 2021 Harley Ultra gets about 41mpg. Now that it has been converted to a trike, I will take a few short rides to first, get use to the trike and to second, get some idea as to how far I can travel on a tank. If I recall, I think my last GoldWing trike with a MotorTrike conversion got about 32 mpg

For those of you that are now riding trikes, approximately how many miles per gallon are you averaging? I am hopeful that I can get somewhere between 32 - 35.

Thanks

Normally, my 2021 Harley Ultra gets about 41mpg. Now that it has been converted to a trike, I will take a few short rides to first, get use to the trike and to second, get some idea as to how far I can travel on a tank. If I recall, I think my last GoldWing trike with a MotorTrike conversion got about 32 mpg

For those of you that are now riding trikes, approximately how many miles per gallon are you averaging? I am hopeful that I can get somewhere between 32 - 35.

Thanks

Your speed will make a big difference, the rear fenders will catch a lot of wind. I ride a Goldwing with the CSC Trike Kit. 60 mph and below I can get 150-175 miles on a 5 gal tank. Above that speed I avg 125-150 miles on a tank.

Thanks

With my 2019 Tri-Glide I get from 32 to 40…I don’t drive fast and I don’t drive slow-I just drive…👍..

When I first got my Goldwing/CSC trike I closely tracked my MPG for many rides. Averages out to 34 MPG. I've had several 2-wheel Goldwings and averaged 40 MPG. So, the trike cost me about 15% in MPG. Hope this helps..... Jim

On my Tri with the 117 engine I'm right around 34-35 most of the time. I've gotten as high as 40 and as low as 30, my right wrist gets pretty twitchy at times, lol.

Jim and Zanny - yes, thanks - both of these helps.

I believe my Harley two-wheeler got better gas milage than my GW two-wheeler. So, if I can count on about a 15% loss, this would put me around 34 mpg.

Now I ask myself - why am I worried about mpg - it is not because of the gas; it is simply so I have some idea as to haw fat I can travel. 34 mpg gets me around 205 miles. I am certain I will never travel that far before stopping for gas.

Jim and Zanny - yes, thanks - both of these helps.

I believe my Harley two-wheeler got better gas milage than my GW two-wheeler. So, if I can count on about a 15% loss, this would put me around 34 mpg.

Now I ask myself - why am I worried about mpg - it is not because of the gas; it is simply so I have some idea as to haw fat I can travel. 34 mpg gets me around 205 miles. I am certain I will never travel that far before stopping for gas.

I make sure I stop at no more than 180 to 185 miles on my 2013 with a 110 motor. My miles to empty says usually around 30. I usually have 1 gallon left in the tank. I have not ever check the usable fuel. The 6 gallon tank MAY NOT necessarily get to all 6 gallons. My MPG is usually 36 to 38. As high as 40 and as low as 32 into a headwind.

I like to start out with a full tank, watch the odometer and fuel up when my gas light comes on

My trike never takes more than 4.5 gallons of gas

I like to start out with a full tank, watch the odometer and fuel up when my gas light comes on

My trike never takes more than 4.5 gallons of gas

Interesting - I usually travel by miles driven. So, if it says 150 or whatever number I decide on, that is when I start to get gas. Unless I am in town, I never try to wait for the light to come on.

Roadsmith told me a trike will lower your mpg by about 5 miles per gallon

OK, I was able to get a few miles on the trike today. Filled it up yesterday and the meter said I could go about 213 miles. We all know that such might not be accurate. So, I rode the first 104 miles and filled it up - took 2.9 gal of gas. This means almost 36 mpg. Mind you, the bike just turned over 1000 miles so it might get better.

Filled up and headed to Frankenmuth - round trip is about 135 miles or so. Tank looks pretty good - so, tomorrow will give me some idea how well it did today.

Hey, 35 mpg on a CSC trike - I am a happy camper.

OK, I was able to get a few miles on the trike today. Filled it up yesterday and the meter said I could go about 213 miles. We all know that such might not be accurate. So, I rode the first 104 miles and filled it up - took 2.9 gal of gas. This means almost 36 mpg. Mind you, the bike just turned over 1000 miles so it might get better.

Filled up and headed to Frankenmuth - round trip is about 135 miles or so. Tank looks pretty good - so, tomorrow will give me some idea how well it did today.

Hey, 35 mpg on a CSC trike - I am a happy camper.

I did 234 miles sunday 5.2 gallons of non ethanol, CSC Roadmaster. Dam I like that Indian more every time I ride it :D:D:D

I did 234 miles sunday 5.2 gallons of non ethanol, CSC Roadmaster. Dam I like that Indian more every time I ride it :D:D:D

When I use non ethanol, I too get better gas milage. When I head towards the up (Michigan) I use to buy that. Am certain there are some stations near me here in Lake Orion - not sure what that cost.

When I use non ethanol, I too get better gas milage. When I head towards the up (Michigan) I use to buy that. Am certain there are some stations near me here in Lake Orion - not sure what that cost.

We have none in mass, in Hinsdale N H there's two stations that have it, there's a lot in Vermont & new Hampshire. I get about 5 - 7 more mpg with it, The price hear is about the same as 93, the non ethanol is 91. Sunday I paid $5.79 for 93 Thats the most I have ever paid .

We have none in mass, in Hinsdale N H there's two stations that have it, there's a lot in Vermont & new Hampshire. I get about 5 - 7 more mpg with it, The price hear is about the same as 93, the non ethanol is 91. Sunday I paid $5.79 for 93 Thats the most I have ever paid .

Man - premium is $4.99 per gallon here - actually went down 1 cents

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png