Drivers Backrest?

Reaction score
Just bought a '15 TG and would like to install a backrest. All the ones I find on the internet says they won't work on the TG. I have an adjustable one on my '11 ultra limited and love it. Has anyone adapted a backrest to their TG? Thanks for any info

Just bought a '15 TG and would like to install a backrest. All the ones I find on the internet says they won't work on the TG. I have an adjustable one on my '11 ultra limited and love it. Has anyone adapted a backrest to their TG? Thanks for any info

I do not have one of these yet, but it looks like an alternative too me:

https://www.grasshopperlimited.com/harley-davidson/

I had one on my '21 Freewheeler with a Sundowner seat. Just a bolt-on install.

I put the HD non adjustable backrest on my 21 Tri. They say it does not work but it bolted on fine. I had it on my 2018 Road glide before this.

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_073831854_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210818_073831854_HDR.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 541

A friend of mine got his from Ultima seats and works great on his tri-glide. Tomg

I have the OEM saddle with the HD back rest for sale . 2012 Triglide . $275 plus shipping. PM me if interested. Will not break up. To be sold as a set .

I have the grasshopper on my 19 Tri Glide and love it. Just bolt on installation. Is not adjustable.

Okay, we will check Grasshopper soon when we mod my friend's new TG.His wife might want to check it first to see if it will be comfortable or not for the passenger. He'll take the trike in next week after we install the suspension and jeep accessories on the Wrangler.

I installed this backrest on my 2017 Tri Glide. Fits for 2014-later Touring and Trike models (except '21-later FLH) equipped with one-piece slotted seat.

Amazon.com: XFMT Detachable Quick Release Adjustable Plug-in Driver Rider Backrest Pad For Harley Davidson Touring Road King CVO 2009-2020 : Automotive

Late to the party. I put an HD adjustable on my '21, works great. The bracket/backrest came off a bud's '17 tri he traded in. Went in like it was made for a '21. Easy for wife to get on-off. She pushes backrest forward and slides right on.

Late to the party. I put an HD adjustable on my '21, works great. The bracket/backrest came off a bud's '17 tri he traded in. Went in like it was made for a '21. Easy for wife to get on-off. She pushes backrest forward and slides right on.

John…. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

Running a mustang stand alone fold down back rest on my stock 15 Tri Glide seat .

Very adjustable and the wife likes it folding down for easy exits .

Although a bit pricey , The catalog says it does not fit , Purchased from Dennis Kirk

[h=1]MUSTANG SEATS[/h]

[h=1]Adjustable Smooth Driver Backrest - 79610[/h]

Very interested in this subject. I've got a 21 cvo that came with a backrest but it doesn't fold.

Looking for either an aftermarket or HD that will work but not really interested in one that cost $300.

What's out there?

Interesting Richard, we've also a 21 CVO and the backrest folds down for the Misses to get on, perhaps the one you have is locked, I know there are a couple of adjustments but mine is just right the way it came from factory.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png