Front Tire Replacement

Soccer Fan

May 10, 2022
GRANBURY, TX USA
New to the forum, so you all have probably heard this question before. I am trying to figure out what the best front tire is for the trike. We ride a 2005 Wing with a Hannigan kit. I have been using the Bridgestone Battlax BT45R but they aren't making it any longer. Anyone have a recommendation for a new front tire? I NEED one soon!:xzqxz:

New to the forum, so you all have probably heard this question before. I am trying to figure out what the best front tire is for the trike. We ride a 2005 Wing with a Hannigan kit. I have been using the Bridgestone Battlax BT45R but they aren't making it any longer. Anyone have a recommendation for a new front tire? I NEED one soon!:xzqxz:

Bob......

Welcome To Trike-Talk, :wave4::wave4:...

I just replaced the front on my Goldwing/CSC trike. I was looking hard at the Avon trike-specific front tire but found them not available. My dealer also said he has not had good luck with Avons. Dealer highly recommended a Michelin Commander-3 which is what I had installed. I have only put about 75 miles on the tire but so far it is all good. I was told to expect 20K miles on that tire. Time will tell. Good luck..... Jim

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for all the "Welcomes". Looking forward to being here.

Looking into the BT46 and the Michelin. Found the same with the Avon trike specific tire. Nobody can get one. Thanks all!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Update on my Michelin Commander:

I previously ran a Michelin Pilot Active rear MC tire running backwards on the front of my trike. It was 3 years old with unknown mileage when I bought the trike. I put 18,000 miles on that tire before replacing. That tire was cupped from day one, but the cupping seemed to diminish as the tire wore down. The cupping gave me a little handlebar shimmy at slow speeds when slowing down.

The new Michelin Commander has no shimmy at all. I have now had it up to 85 MPH and it is solid as can be. The trike seems to have a little bit softer ride in the front end with this tire. That may be due to the previous rear tire mounted on the front being heavier constructed. Not sure. But now after a couple hundred miles I am pleased with the commander. Good luck..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png