Anybody Carry A Battery Jumper Pack With Them?

JTJersey

800+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm considering a NOCO Boost Sport GB20 battery booster pack. I can't, in 54 years of riding street motorcycles, remember ever having a dead battery on the road or a trip. Doesn't mean it can't happen, of course, but do any of ya'll have any experiences with such a nuisance?

9.png[h=1][/h]

I carry the Noco and I installed the optional plugin on the battery. In the last two years never needed it for my trike. But I have boosted other riders bikes.The relief in the eyes of a rider that dosnt have to call a tow is payment enough. Last week I stupidly left the ignition key on the JD riding mower. Battery was dead as a dog turd on main street. Instead of dragging the battery charger with boost out to the barn I brought the jump pack. Started right up.

Had battery dead on 2 diff bikes over the years.. So just bought a jumper last month. We travel mostly US roads & not alot of shops.

Both times when on a trip.

Good enough for me. I went ahead and ordered one. Thanks all.

s-l1600.jpg
This is what I got along with an "Earthlink adapter" .The adapter hooks right to battery & brought it out the right side panel. That way I dont have to use the clamps. Adapter plugs right in to Earthlink.

I bought a NOCO big enough to jump my truck if necessary and it stays in the truck most of the time, but I like to carry it in the bike when traveling or on group rides. I have jump a few stranded motorist with it.

I bought a NOCO big enough to jump my truck if necessary and it stays in the truck most of the time, but I like to carry it in the bike when traveling or on group rides. I have jump a few stranded motorist with it.

Good idea Woody, i will put it in car when not riding & bike when on it. Nice carry case with it so just move that .

I'm considering a NOCO Boost Sport GB20 battery booster pack. I can't, in 54 years of riding street motorcycles, remember ever having a dead battery on the road or a trip. Doesn't mean it can't happen, of course, but do any of ya'll have any experiences with such a nuisance?

View attachment 107816

I have the same one which I take along on overnight trips. I leave it at home for my running around town rides. Never started a bike with it but have jump started a few cars with it. Works great and hold a charge for a long time.

Yes, I have three - one for each car and one for the bike. As others have mentioned, I never had to jump my vehicles however have jumped a number of others.

For the bike, I have installed this cable - it is attached to the battery and comes right up where the back rest is. If ever needed, I could just plug the jump start and away I go.

l8uQnTC.jpg

So my NOCO battery jumper from Amazon arrived this evening. I got the case and wall charger in a package deal. First thing I spotted was the car size terminal clamps. There is no way I'm getting that on my positive terminal. I tried. Then I realized they sent me the GB40 and NOT the GB20. The GB40 is a somewhat better unit and $20 more, but do I return it for the GB20 with the smaller clamps and then what if that one comes with the same clamps? The pics on Amazons page show it with both if you scroll down the page a bit. John Maxwell has a vid on you tube connecting it to the positive connection on the starter motor.

Is that doable? The connector easily fit on that connection and I don't see why I couldn't do it that way. Any yays or nays on hooking to the starter motor instead of the battery?

IMG_20220517_201443064_HDR.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png