Front wheel replacement

B

Buck1

Howdy all.

I have a 97 Road King trike that I want to install a taller tire in front.

Is there a fender and wheel from a different model I can use with a 20-21" front tire?

I have dual rotor front brakes now but a single rotor brake would be fine.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Buck

Howdy all.

I have a 97 Road King trike that I want to install a taller tire in front.

Is there a fender and wheel from a different model I can use with a 20-21" front tire?

I have dual rotor front brakes now but a single rotor brake would be fine.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Buck

several companies make a 21 in wheel that fits nicely. You do not have to change fenders and you can use your stock rotors and calipers. No mods required. Look at my trike it has a 21 in from performance machine.

Check out wily shiny in Rancho Cucamonga California. I had them chrome my wheels, but he also had some he sold outright at righteous prices. Mr Joe is who I dealt with. The local HD dealer said they are the only Chrome wheels they will install other than HD stuff. Quality stuff

Check out wily shiny in Rancho Cucamonga California. I had them chrome my wheels, but he also had some he sold outright at righteous prices. Mr Joe is who I dealt with. The local HD dealer said they are the only Chrome wheels they will install other than HD stuff. Quality stuff

Would a sportster 21 inch wheel be adaptable to a road king front end? No idea of axle dia of one bike to another. Maybe switch to single rotor brake and a bracket to adapt the disk brake caliper? Just ideas I figure somebody else has already done?

Would a sportster 21 inch wheel be adaptable to a road king front end? No idea of axle dia of one bike to another. Maybe switch to single rotor brake and a bracket to adapt the disk brake caliper? Just ideas I figure somebody else has already done?

IIRC, Sportster hubs are different than Big Twins, this could be a possible brake rotor problem

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png