Front wheel and tire swap

First I would like to know, why would you want this?

I see many machining steps to do this, let alone what the cost factor might be

Have you figured out axle and bearing parts, how or who will make the centering hub?

How and what brake parts will be needed

Front tire swap

I thought it would involve a lot of machine work. Hoping maybe someone has developed kit for such a swap. I see car wheels used on some trikes but I can't see how the wheel gets a proper hub for motorcycle use.

You could check with Buchanan wheel and spoke. They used to have a 15" rim and spokes you could lace to a Harley hub. I had a 15" wheel on the front of my trike for a while. i didn't like it because the tread was flat, and when you turned it would get up on the shoulder of the tire.

You could check with Buchanan wheel and spoke. They used to have a 15" rim and spokes you could lace to a Harley hub. I had a 15" wheel on the front of my trike for a while. i didn't like it because the tread was flat, and when you turned it would get up on the shoulder of the tire.

That's one of the problems. Unless you have a center hub steering frontend, kind of like a car front suspension, the flat profile tire will fight you to stay flat on the ground. It will be harder to steer than a fat round profile motorcycle tire.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png