Americade

Last time I was at Americade was at Ruidoso,N.M. Last time at Lake George was 30 years ago. Today, its a toss up between vacationing in New York or North Korea. NK has more freedom.

Yea, But in the Hermit Kingdom-🇨🇳- before you can attend you have to get the same hair cut as the Great Fearless Leader has.. …….

Anyone venturing to Lake George this week?

I have not been in years, I'm not going to pay to park, then pay for the vendor area, It's stupid . Last time I went we parked in the middle of no were, were walkin back to the trike cop give me a ticket I tell him were no were near the rally, he says go buy a parking pass or I will ticket you all day, I told him Good BYE, You wont see me hear again . Laconia at New Hampshire speedway on the 11th there having the American flat track Bikes at the dirt track behind the car museum, We went in 2019 the track sucked, But they say the they redid the track made it bigger and put down clay. Flat track is allways great Racing.

When I lived in New York we went to Americade for many years. We always parked at the south end of the lake in the free parking area.Short walk to the center of town. Never had a problem.

I took a ride to Lake George today and never got off the trike . It seemed pretty quiet up there today. Tomorrow sounds like a washout. Lake George is only a 20 mile roundtrip for me.

Last time I was at Americade was at Ruidoso,N.M. Last time at Lake George was 30 years ago. Today, its a toss up between vacationing in New York or North Korea. NK has more freedom.

I attended Americade in Ruidoso also, think it was early ’80s or maybe late 70’s. todarn long ago (just call me an ’ole fart), went fron CA., GOOD OLD DAYS!

:Coffee:

Last edited:
We did Americade every year for more then 20 years. Did one day at the vendors. Nites for the bikes downtown. Looked forward to the roads up there. Thats why we went basicly. Great roads. Except in Vermont. You could tell when we went over the state line by how bad the roads got.

If you're close enough to make it a day trip, you should go. They've made it imposable to get a room for a nite or 2.

We did Americade every year for more then 20 years. Did one day at the vendors. Nites for the bikes downtown. Looked forward to the roads up there. Thats why we went basicly. Great roads. Except in Vermont. You could tell when we went over the state line by how bad the roads got.

If you're close enough to make it a day trip, you should go. They've made it imposable to get a room for a nite or 2.

No problem getting a room this year, it is really quiet. Worse year I have seen in 15 years.

I have not been to Lake George for some time. Use to live in Beacon, NY so, we went every year. Later, when we lived in MA, we continued to go. Then there was a bit of hassle with parking and the prices of rooms were out of this world.

When that happened, I decided to go elsewhere. Even considered going to the area when there was not a rally - but, never got back there. I am hopeful that someday these places will remember that bike riders bring quite a bit of income to the area. When they, in my opinion, overcharge, folks like me tend to have long memories.

Another example - we live in Michigan now but are originally from Virginia. Now that the kids are gone and living out of state, we were considering moving back to VA. Called a realtor, she sent us some houses to view online and then said she NEEDED an offer by Friday.

Told her I have had 9 houses and never buy without seeing. She said they go so fast, if I could not or was not willing to make an offer - she would put me on the back burner.

Guess what - house sales are slowing and she called me the other day asking if I was still interested. She now has time to work with me and also said she could get me pre-approved. I giggled and said, not ready yet - but may let her know.

We returned from Americade yesterday. The event was very disappointing. Maybe only half the vendors from say 4 or 5 years ago. No Rivco, Ultimate seats, Ciro, J&M, Kuryakyn and others including no suspension vendors, no tire vendors and more. (yeah, the chair people were there) Not a bad turnout by the manufacturers though.

Harley, Honda, Yamaha (no FJR to demo though) Indian, KTM, BMW, Zero and Triumph were all doing demos. I won't do the BMW demo though, they require a full face helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. That's their perogative but you go to Harley and it's pretty much (or has been) wear a helmet and go. I did take a Zero out for a ride, interesting but not for me. We always book the hotel way in advance so no worries about a room. Just a very low key event this year and honestly I don't think this event can survive if it continues on this trend. Did get a nice ride in around Sacandanga on Friday and some nice surrounding roads. I wish the organizers the best but some of the vendors told me the organizers keep going up on their fees, maybe Dutcher wants to rethink this.

Last edited:
I am about done with rallies except a ride to Myrtle Beach every couple years… been there , done that. Same shit. Maybe the fall rally this year but it’s not a priority. I like to be in the wind.

I have not been to Lake George for some time. Use to live in Beacon, NY so, we went every year. Later, when we lived in MA, we continued to go. Then there was a bit of hassle with parking and the prices of rooms were out of this world.

When that happened, I decided to go elsewhere. Even considered going to the area when there was not a rally - but, never got back there. I am hopeful that someday these places will remember that bike riders bring quite a bit of income to the area. When they, in my opinion, overcharge, folks like me tend to have long memories.

Another example - we live in Michigan now but are originally from Virginia. Now that the kids are gone and living out of state, we were considering moving back to VA. Called a realtor, she sent us some houses to view online and then said she NEEDED an offer by Friday.

Told her I have had 9 houses and never buy without seeing. She said they go so fast, if I could not or was not willing to make an offer - she would put me on the back burner.

Guess what - house sales are slowing and she called me the other day asking if I was still interested. She now has time to work with me and also said she could get me pre-approved. I giggled and said, not ready yet - but may let her know.

Beacon NY . My wife’s stomping grounds on Washington Avenue. Across from the cemetery.

We returned from Americade yesterday. The event was very disappointing. Maybe only half the vendors from say 4 or 5 years ago. No Rivco, Ultimate seats, Ciro, J&M, Kuryakyn and others including no suspension vendors, no tire vendors and more. (yeah, the chair people were there) Not a bad turnout by the manufacturers though.

Harley, Honda, Yamaha (no FJR to demo though) Indian, KTM, BMW, Zero and Triumph were all doing demos. I won't do the BMW demo though, they require a full face helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. That's their perogative but you go to Harley and it's pretty much (or has been) wear a helmet and go. I did take a Zero out for a ride, interesting but not for me. We always book the hotel way in advance so no worries about a room. Just a very low key event this year and honestly I don't think this event can survive if it continues on this trend. Did get a nice ride in around Sacandanga on Friday and some nice surrounding roads. I wish the organizers the best but some of the vendors told me the organizers keep going up on their fees, maybe Dutcher wants to rethink this.

I believe the son is running it now and has not quite found the way between the older touring people and trying to draw in the younger crowd. Kind of sad since the riding in the area is great.

I asked her if she threw her ring in the Pacific like Temple did? She didnt get it at first. A runnaway bride to be, from Cali riding a brand new Sportster. Did good for herself making it all the way to Ruidoso to attend Aspencade.A first time rider wouldnt have done it all alone especially a chick. Spent the week togather and camped at the ski area owned by the Mescalero Apaches. At the end she headed back to San Francisco and me back to Ft.Bliss. I often wonder what became of her.

According to the news they interview him and he said there was between 100000 to 200000 that attended. The must of being hiding someplace Friday, it sure look light.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png