best headers for triglide

You'll get a lot of advise on this one. The only thing I can say is that if you have the bucks go for a full system and a tuner that will complement it. Theres some really nice systems out there.

Go to Fullsac exhaust and check out their Sportpipe head pipe, this is what iI am running on my 17 and the dyno guy was very impressed with the low end torque it made.

what are the best headers for heat reduction on a 2012 triglide

Welcome to the Forum!

Depends on what "best" means to you.

Any header without a cat will reduce the felt heat.

The factory header, with the cat removed, is a very good performer. That would also be the least expensive option.

Any aftermarket headers, fullsac, fuelmoto, V&H, etc. will show a little bit more power on the dyno, but it is doubtful that you will feel it seat of the pants.

Going with an aftermarket, I like the look and small performance gain of the Power Duals, that you can see at this LINK.

If you want to remove felt heat, best to reduce actual heat. Here is a LINK to a report on how to reduce heat on your Tri Glide.

Kevin

I cut the cat out out the factory pipe and it helped a lot. I did it myself so it was a free upgrade. It is not to hard to do if you have a welder or can do the work and take it to some one to weld it up.

Cobra Power Port Dual Headpipes

I have the Cobra Power Port Dual Headpipes (#6254) and they really knock the heat down. You'd be happy with these and they aren't hard to install. Shop around though, big difference in price.

On my 2013 I got a set of decatted pipes from Wild Pigs in Daytona. $199.00. Put in a FP3 tuner. Trike runs a lot cooler.

Simple solution, Problem solved.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png