Horn and reverse not working.

tinner12002

Reaction score
2 week old trike and went to Honk the horn 4-5 times today then it quit. Made another stop and checked reverse and its not working either. Haven't had a chance to check fuses but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this on a Harley and what their fix was.

2 week old trike and went to Honk the horn 4-5 times today then it quit. Made another stop and checked reverse and its not working either. Haven't had a chance to check fuses but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this on a Harley and what their fix was.

Also check the the breaker for the reverse under the panel right side cover...

And if its extended push it in till you hear a Click''

Which trike are you riding - make, model and year? All of this may be helpful is addressing your concerns

Which trike are you riding - make, model and year? All of this may be helpful is addressing your concerns

Thought my profile pic would show up but guess not. Its a 2012 Harley Ultra Limited with a 2 week old Roadsmith kit.

After breaker reset , if it pops again , I’d return to kit installer for possable shorted out circuit.

I have noticed its charging at a higher rate than it used to....at about 14.3 when at speed.

Had my volt meter replaced twice due to false readings . Then I checked charging rate on system with a real digital meter. All was ok at 14.3 volts . Fully charged battery at 12.7 volts standing.

Under Right side cover . See owners manual.

Again, not seeing anything about a breaker in my manual, even on the pics showing everything, no breakers, only fuses and relays. Right cover is only hyd controller for anti-lock system.

Again, not seeing anything about a breaker in my manual, even on the pics showing everything, no breakers, only fuses and relays. Right cover is only hyd controller for anti-lock system.

I Guess Road Smith uses a different system on their reverse so Call to Road smith might be in order🤔?.. when you get it sorted out let us know..

Being it started as a 2 wheeler , there is no need for a reverse breaker . The reason it’s not found . But after the conversation there should be some other added circuit for the reverse by road smith . Or it was added to the horn circuit :Shrug:

Being it started as a 2 wheeler , there is no need for a reverse breaker . The reason it’s not found . But after the conversation there should be some other added circuit for the reverse by road smith . Or it was added to the horn circuit :Shrug:

It is the horn button that actuates the reverse

I would be looking @ the P and A fuse in the fuse box first

Got it ironed out, apparently a connector had worked loose up under the back end, just enough that it lost connection. After talking to them they walked me through some trouble shooting that narrowed it down. I'll need to get it somewhere with a lift so i can get under it to make sure it doesn't happen again. Appreciate all the comments trying to help!!

Got it ironed out, apparently a connector had worked loose up under the back end, just enough that it lost connection. After talking to them they walked me through some trouble shooting that narrowed it down. I'll need to get it somewhere with a lift so i can get under it to make sure it doesn't happen again. Appreciate all the comments trying to help!!

Suggestion: About a lift, cut a 4x4 board a foot long, three times, then use a jack to lift up your rear end wheels and place a cut board under each wheel, then lift up your front end a place the other cut 4X4 under that wheel............. NOW YOUR UP FOUR MORE LEVEL INCHES, that gives you more room to crawl under your trike...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png