Poor Mans Rear Bumper

Nicely done:clapping: Is it Automotive trim? Where did you source it from?

Yes, automotive trim. I bought it a few years back when I repainted my Jeep Cherokee. I got it to replace the roof luggage rack bumpers that ran the length of the roof. This stuff is 5/8" thick, 1" wide and came in a 14' roll. I used 3' for this project. Lots of people sell it in the $20 range. Pep-Boys, Auto-Zone, Amazon, eBay, etc. I was considering different styles and thicknesses from these guys:

https://www.brandsport.com/trmg-602-01.html

IMG_20220622_123025949.jpg

Looks good but only useful if one bumps a grocery bag or helmet against it. Unless Im missing something. Note that the actual bumper mounts to the ladder frame. Guess it comes down to crushed trunk or twisted frame. Think I just came up with two new names for biker energy drinks.

Looks good but only useful if one bumps a grocery bag or helmet against it. Unless Im missing something. Note that the actual bumper mounts to the ladder frame. Guess it comes down to crushed trunk or twisted frame. Think I just came up with two new names for biker energy drinks.

(Rofl)

JT, I have had bad luck with trim pieces with 3M tape adhesive

I am assuming you put tape strips on and let set over night during the install?

I have seen a similar chrome piece @ Auto Zone

JT, I have had bad luck with trim pieces with 3M tape adhesive I am assuming you put tape strips on and let set over night during the install? I have seen a similar chrome piece @ Auto Zone

Four of those bumper strips each 5' long have been on the roof of my Cherokee for over four years and driven thousands of miles in wind, rain and snow and haven't shown any change at all. I just put this on this morning and the trike is probably sitting for the next day or so anyway because the weather is really threatening. The area of contact was cleaned and de-greased, of course. We'll see. If it gives me trouble down the road I'll take it off.

Four of those bumper strips each 5' long have been on the roof of my Cherokee for over four years and driven thousands of miles in wind, rain and snow and haven't shown any change at all. I just put this on this morning and the trike is probably sitting for the next day or so anyway because the weather is really threatening. The area of contact was cleaned and de-greased, of course. We'll see. If it gives me trouble down the road I'll take it off.

Very good JT, I will be watching for your results

I like this set up and it is a great idea;)

Just curious, how did this hold up? Especially on the corners. Any lifting or loosening? Really considering this for the coming year. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png