2 New to me Stallions

Reaction score
I am new to the Stallion and wanted one for many years now my Wife and I both have one

We went for a ride yesterday and I noticed a small water leak at the rear , I took it to my Shop and found at the top of the Radiator there was a Radiator Cap but no way to get to it

I looked at pulling the Radiator but ruled that out to cutting a hole in the Trunk and when I peeled the Carpet back I found there was already a cover made pop riveted into the trunk , frilled the pop rivets and there was the radiator cap

8.00 later new cap and no leaks

I do Custom Tuning so I am already doing the software to do a Tune on my Dynojet

I have a lot to learn about the Stallion and I will be doing a lot of searching and asking questions

Tom

I am new to the Stallion and wanted one for many years now my Wife and I both have one

We went for a ride yesterday and I noticed a small water leak at the rear , I took it to my Shop and found at the top of the Radiator there was a Radiator Cap but no way to get to it

I looked at pulling the Radiator but ruled that out to cutting a hole in the Trunk and when I peeled the Carpet back I found there was already a cover made pop riveted into the trunk , frilled the pop rivets and there was the radiator cap

I do Custom Tuning so I am already doing the software to do a Tune on my Dynojet

I have a lot to learn about the Stallion and I will be doing a lot of searching and asking questions

Tom

tom should of called don't hesitate next time, if i don't know you didn't lose anything.

Tom

Welcome Tom. I had mine tuned. The timing was way off. Set it to 21 degrees and fooled with the fuel a little. Left the transmission shift points alone. Gas mileage stayed about the same and got more HP and torque from 30-70MPH. Rick

Attachments

• Stallion Dyno 4.jpg
    Stallion Dyno 4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 123

Tom

Tom also if you did not notice, on the left side of the radiator over 1/2 way up if I remember correctly, there is a stub that needs to be capped. If that plug deteriorates it will leak. There is another one under the hood on the right side just in front of the dash area. Same thing.

Ted

Tom also if you did not notice, on the left side of the radiator over 1/2 way up if I remember correctly, there is a stub that needs to be capped. If that plug deteriorates it will leak. There is another one under the hood on the right side just in front of the dash area. Same thing.

Ted

Will check those thanks , It was leaking on the Red one

Tom

Welcome Tom. I had mine tuned. The timing was way off. Set it to 21 degrees and fooled with the fuel a little. Left the transmission shift points alone. Gas mileage stayed about the same and got more HP and torque from 30-70MPH. Rick

Where did you get the cover ?

The PCM has a very strange Strategy , I am working on finding it

Tom

Where did you get the cover ?

The PCM has a very strange Strategy , I am working on finding it

Tom

The top was on it when I purchased it. The guy got it from 8 years ago had it made.

My computer came out of a Ford Van V8 and all settings were still set up like a van. If I remember correctly, timing was set at 10 or 11 degrees. They could of gone higher with the timing, but I wanted it conservative to keep it from being too close to pinging. Rick

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png