Front caliper rebuild kit

gareth323

Aug 18, 2009
Preston - England UK
I have a 2016 TriGlide which requires a new set of seals on the right front caliper. I don't seem to be able to buy such a thing. Just returned from my local Harley Stealership and they told me that Harley don't make spares for that caliper. I've tried the usual after market stores and they don't do them either.

Has anybody else had this issue? The caliper is the one with six pistons (three on each side). It appears that Harley have now returned to the 4 piston caliper for the new TriGlides.

Any comments or advice would be welcomed

Thank you

That looks to be a non stocking part from HD

You may find an Automotive jobber to match the internal O rings and dust boots

Careful measurements should reveal some kind of match

Harley is not the only Manufacturer that uses Brembo brakes

Brembo has been around for a long time, a lot of European bikes use them, as does high end sports cars

This is so weird, I am in the same boat. My 2017 I just put new pads on and the left side is dragging. Cleaned several times, helped a little. Decided I'll just rebuild, called 2 dealers, no parts are available, looked in the service manual "caliper contains no service parts". Parts Unlimited does not have a listing for the Triglide, just the Ultra, 4 piston.

This is so weird, I am in the same boat. My 2017 I just put new pads on and the left side is dragging. Cleaned several times, helped a little. Decided I'll just rebuild, called 2 dealers, no parts are available, looked in the service manual "caliper contains no service parts". Parts Unlimited does not have a listing for the Triglide, just the Ultra, 4 piston.

There was a person on a Facebook trike site that had issues with his 17 front calipers, and he even contacted Brembro and they said no dice and wouldnt sell him any parts. I have had the left caliper replaced under warranty already now the right one is acting up. So I removed it pushed the pistons out as far as I felt safe, sprayed them with brake clean and scrubbed them with a soft toothbrush. Then I used a bottle of cable lube with a injector needle and put a very light amount of oil around each piston, so far so good. Wonder if Performance Machine makes front calipers for the trikes with linked brakes?

Summit Racing has rebuild kits for front calipers except they only have four (4) pistons. and they say they are for Triglides. They cost about $40.00 per kit.

I contacted Performance Machine about replacement calipers for the trike that have linked brakes, and I quote...... That is a strange brake system and we do not make replacement calipers for it. So I am wondering if I got a pair of standard 4 piston calipers and blocked of the line that comes from the rear master cly if it would throw a code?

I contacted Performance Machine about replacement calipers for the trike that have linked brakes, and I quote...... That is a strange brake system and we do not make replacement calipers for it. So I am wondering if I got a pair of standard 4 piston calipers and blocked of the line that comes from the rear master cly if it would throw a code?

Good question Steve, my best guess is it will set a code, and or the ABS light will flash

The system is set to do a roll off test similar to any ABS equipped car or truck

It may see something it does not like and set a DTC thru the BCM, this is just my opinion

Good question Steve, my best guess is it will set a code, and or the ABS light will flash

The system is set to do a roll off test similar to any ABS equipped car or truck

It may see something it does not like and set a DTC thru the BCM, this is just my opinion

Since I dont have ABS that is why I am thinking it may be ok. I will look for a set of calipers off of a two wheel bike and try it this winter, who knows I may get lucky.

Since I dont have ABS that is why I am thinking it may be ok. I will look for a set of calipers off of a two wheel bike and try it this winter, who knows I may get lucky.

Maybe I misunderstood you, if you are de linking the brakes you should not have any problems, you will need to make some new lines to un link them @ the manifold, running new lines to the front calipers is the way i would approach this

Maybe I misunderstood you, if you are de linking the brakes you should not have any problems, you will need to make some new lines to un link them @ the manifold, running new lines to the front calipers is the way i would approach this

Jack, did some research and found a banjo block off tool. So I am going to order two then remove the brake line that runs from the rear master cly to the front brake caliper. Then install two calipers from a late model two wheeler and I think this should work. My buddy has several sets of take off calipers so I am willing to give it a try.

Jack, did some research and found a banjo block off tool. So I am going to order two then remove the brake line that runs from the rear master cly to the front brake caliper. Then install two calipers from a late model two wheeler and I think this should work. My buddy has several sets of take off calipers so I am willing to give it a try.

Sounds like a good plan, I am watching this thread;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png