Fairing for Freewheeler

Reaction score
Trying to determine what stereo system and fairing to get for the freewheeler, Quadzilla, Reckless, Vector, or some other. I have not seen any of them close up. I miss my radio, and advise out there?

Reckless fairing

Trying to determine what stereo system and fairing to get for the freewheeler, Quadzilla, Reckless, Vector, or some other. I have not seen any of them close up. I miss my radio, and advise out there?

I have the Reckless fairing with radio installed and have seen some nice ones from Memphis Shades.

The one in the attached photo is mine.

Attachments

• Oct 27 2021 2A.jpg
    Oct 27 2021 2A.jpg
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 76
I have a Reckless on my Heritage with the full stereo/amp setup and other than price have no complaints.

My complaint in price is not specifically a Reckless complaint as I feel all options are expensive.

I thought about putting the fairing on the Freewheeler but decided to move to a full helmet last year and added a Sena system to it so I now listen to tunes that way.

Since going with the Sena, I rarely turn on the stereo on my Heritage any more and if I was to do it again I would just purchase the fairing without the stereo.

Hi Larry! Welcome to Trike Talk! I saw a lady rider with a fairing on her Freewheeler. DK what brand it was but it looked good!

Does anyone have any pictures how these fairings mount to the bike? Any that use the standard Freewheeler points?

DW doesn't want a radio or anything else in the fairing.

Reckless fairing attached to my 2016 Freewheeler.

Attachments

• Fairing.jpg
    Fairing.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
Does anyone have any pictures how these fairings mount to the bike? Any that use the standard Freewheeler points? DW doesn't want a radio or anything else in the fairing.

Every one I've seen, including my Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing, utilize the factory HD mounting points, but you may have to unbolt the 4 acorn nuts and replace the round, grooved washers with the ones that come with the fairing. That's how mine worked anyway. No big deal, they come right off.

Screenshot at 2022-08-20 20-49-54.jpg

... and does the fairing cut down on the turbulence considerably?

Mine does, but I'm not sure what your expecting. It takes the pressure off you body so your not exhausted after a 7 hour trek. It does not keep you from feeling any wind at all. The only thing that does that is being in a cage.

Mine does, but I'm not sure what your expecting. It takes the pressure off you body so your not exhausted after a 7 hour trek. It does not keep you from feeling any wind at all. The only thing that does that is being in a cage.

I agree 100% with this. I still get a fair amount of air coming up around the tank, which I appreciate on these hot summer days. At the same time it blocks more than enough air to extend my riding season when the cold weather comes.

My buddy installed a factory Street Glide fair onto his freewheeler .what he thought wouldn't be a big deal turned into a fairly large undertaking. Had to fabricate custom brackets , first he got a set of tri Glide trees thinking that would work, nope they are different than street Glide trees. And they are even different than Freewheeler trees, but the finished product is one beautiful freewheeler. I will have him send me some pictures of it tonight.

....Had to fabricate custom brackets , first he got a set of tri Glide trees thinking that would work, nope they are different than street Glide trees. And they are even different than Freewheeler trees, but the finished product is one beautiful freewheeler. I will have him send me some pictures of it tonight.

What are these "trees" your referring to?

What are these "trees" your referring to?

Triple trees JT

549175k_small.jpg

The trees (triple trees) attach the front fork tubes to the frame…

That's what I was thinking, but couldn't imagine anyone going through the chore of swapping triple trees just to put a fairing on when there are so many fairings available made to fit.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png