Still Working on TPMS - Harley with CSC Kit

cycle7447

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2021
Lake Orion, MI, USA
If this was easy, I suspect someone would have done it by now. I love the trike and have gotten use to the low PSI light - but, still believe there is a better way. I want to post some things that I have learned - and also gather as much info as possible.

OK, my bike is a 2021 Harley Ultra and come with TPMS. When we triked it, all still worked and when I checked to PSI in the rear, it was blank. Made sense since the new tires didn't have sensors. If I put the old rear tire and wheel near the trike, it would read the sensor so, it showed up. This told me, I needed sensors in the new trike tires.

I wondered how the CVO trike worked and showed all three wheels -so, someone her shared his screen and sure enough the info system shows all three wheels. Next, guy name PFWIZ here had his bike triked. After doing so, he visited his dealer to get some work done. When the bike was returned, he noticed that it now shows as a three wheeler - and the info system shows the three tires. No sensors in the rear so, no PSI read.

More great news -my dealer said he can do the same to mine - and we can try to install TPMS sensors in the rear. The Harley sensors will not fit in the valve holes for the trike rear tires. Seems as if the valve holes for the Harley CVO trike are much smaller than a regular car tire. Also, if we try to use a car sensor, he is concerned that - he cannot program the TPMS and also, the sensors will look for 35 or so PSI vs the 24 for the recommended PSI for a trike.

Service manager is very interested in getting thit to work and believe they can simply mount the sensor inside. We are going to do this as the riding season slows.

So, my question - what have any of you done or considered. I am especially interested in the things that have worked. Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

kAY6FK9.jpg

On the Honda models CSC finally got a "work around" to disable the system and turn the TPMS light off. The problem is that bike makers don't feel any need to have the ability to add more than two sensors. A working system would be a nice feature to have but I have rode for many years and never had one and a tire pressure gauge is a minimal amount of weight to carry.

On the Honda models CSC finally got a "work around" to disable the system and turn the TPMS light off. The problem is that bike makers don't feel any need to have the ability to add more than two sensors. A working system would be a nice feature to have but I have rode for many years and never had one and a tire pressure gauge is a minimal amount of weight to carry.

I understand your point about the two sensors - however, I am riding a Harley and the TriGlide has three wheels with TPMS. Given that, we have been able to adjust the screen to show three wheels on our bikes.

Still have to work on how to get the correct Harley sensors in the rear wheels - right now, they look like different sizes. Still, for me/us, this is a work in process and ai would like to get it worked out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png