My Rewaco RF1 ST won't start

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Rewaco RF1 ST The problem I am having is that when I turn the ignition on everything is OK but as soon as I push the brake pedal so I can start it I blow a fuse and have no power to the starter. I am looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to remedy the problem?

I have a 2018 Rewaco RF1 ST The problem I am having is that when I turn the ignition on everything is OK but as soon as I push the brake pedal so I can start it I blow a fuse and have no power to the starter. I am looking to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to remedy the problem?

Mike.. Welcome to Trike Talk.����… The only thing I can suggest is to follow the wiring from the brake switch there’s probably a short it might be Rubbing against the frame .?

Mike.. Welcome to Trike Talk.����… The only thing I can suggest is to follow the wiring from the brake switch there’s probably a short it might be Rubbing against the frame .?

Thank you I really appreciate your help, I will do my best. I was hoping that there was going to be something easier than chasing wires looking for a short, you move one wire and 72 wires move and you have to try to isolate the correct wire.

Thank you I really appreciate your help, I will do my best. I was hoping that there was going to be something easier than chasing wires looking for a short, you move one wire and 72 wires move and you have to try to isolate the correct wire.

Just a shot in the dark’ But check the switch and wires right at the brake pedal/ lever.??

Mike, Welcome to Trike Talk

If you can easily unplug the brake light switch, jumper the wires, if it starts and does not blow the fuse you know the switch is bad

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png