JohnnyB

150+ Posts
Jan 6, 2013
Loudon, TN
Just purchased a goldwing trike

Has an ultimate seat on that wife HATES

In need of a replacement

Any advice on where to find a factory replacement -2012 /roadsmith seat

You shouldn’t have a problem selling the Ultimate seat. We are just now breaking ours in and we both love it. Just came back from a 4 day ride and it was nice.

are you looking something softer, harder??? What’s wrong with it, do you like it?

You shouldn’t have a problem selling the Ultimate seat. We are just now breaking ours in and we both love it. Just came back from a 4 day ride and it was nice.

are you looking something softer, harder??? What’s wrong with it, do you like it?

I’m fine with it Wife is not comfortable not as much as the hd with relocated tour pack and from what she says just does not fit her

Just purchased a goldwing trike

Has an ultimate seat on that wife HATES

In need of a replacement

Any advice on where to find a factory replacement -2012 /roadsmith seat

I would seriously think twice about going back to a stock seat. When I installed an Ultimat seat on mine, my wife and I can't believe how much nicer the comfort is especially on long rides.

Try to find out what she does not like about it.

Also if you do not have the Ultimate passenger back rest, she will not have the extra comfort from a longer and she will not be leaning back as much.

My stock seat sold for 575.00

Keep the Wife Happy

Custom seats built on weight-height etc. that is designed for you and your pillion. It will not be a cheap fix for a seat designed for ergonomics of your butt. I went through much $$$ trying to find a comfortable seat. I finally listened to many who decided to give Russell Day Long seats (RDL). I have no affiliation other than being a very satisfied customer. May I suggest you visit their website and also give Jay a call if you have any questions on their products(s). It's the least you can do to possibly get your wife some joy on the pillion seat! JMHO

I went to Walmar# and purchased a car seat cushion, and just place in on top of my stock seat........ It's approximately 2inch higher and much soft'rrr and this allows me to ride 100's of miles farther, with much more comfort, and no vibrations and my spinster muscle says "thank you" after every ride... (Under $10.00) when I purchased my cushion...

Just my opinion!

Ronnie

4/9/23

I went to Walmar# and purchased a car seat cushion, and just place in on top of my stock seat........ It's approximately 2inch higher and much soft'rrr and this allows me to ride 100's of miles farther, with much more comfort, and no vibrations and my spinster muscle says "thank you" after every ride... (Under $10.00) when I purchased my cushion...Just my opinion!Ronnie 4/9/23

This what we did for my wife when we had the TriGlide but once we got rid of the Harley she don't need it on the Goldwing but I do, but it is one of those purple cushions and it does make a difference. I got my eye out for a Ultimate seat if this one does not get any better.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png