• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

What's Everyone Doing?

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Reaction score
It's been awfully quiet on this form. Has anyone been riding? I went on my yearly. I still work full time, group ride with 4 of us over the Memorial Day week. We left Phoenix and headed toward Las Vegas and up to Lake Tahoe. Spent a couple of days there and then over to Elko Nevada, down through northern Arizona and home. Naturally, I didn't plan a straight route. We put on about 1950 miles total. The most interesting thing that happened was when we were traveling east of Fallon, NV on US 50 we happened to be in a Navy range. There were signs on both sides of the road for about 50 miles saying Navy this and Navy that. We were almost out of the area when all of a sudden there was a roar and everyone's bike shook, even the Stallion. Somebody in a fighter flew over us at about 100 feet going like a bat out of he!!. Don't ask me what kind it was because he was gone in an instant. I'm a pilot and owned airplanes for 28 years, so I would have know what it was if I saw it long enough. That will be a good conversation piece for quite a while.

Still go on a Saturday breakfast ride almost every week between 120 and 200 miles.

What's everyone been up too? I still love my Stallion.

Rick

It's been awfully quiet on this form. Has anyone been riding? I went on my yearly. I still work full time, group ride with 4 of us over the Memorial Day week. We left Phoenix and headed toward Las Vegas and up to Lake Tahoe. Spent a couple of days there and then over to Elko Nevada, down through northern Arizona and home. Naturally, I didn't plan a straight route. We put on about 1950 miles total. The most interesting thing that happened was when we were traveling east of Fallon, NV on US 50 we happened to be in a Navy range. There were signs on both sides of the road for about 50 miles saying Navy this and Navy that. We were almost out of the area when all of a sudden there was a roar and everyone's bike shook, even the Stallion. Somebody in a fighter flew over us at about 100 feet going like a bat out of he!!. Don't ask me what kind it was because he was gone in an instant. I'm a pilot and owned airplanes for 28 years, so I would have know what it was if I saw it long enough. That will be a good conversation piece for quite a while.

Still go on a Saturday breakfast ride almost every week between 120 and 200 miles.

What's everyone been up too? I still love my Stallion.

Rick

The way you describe the noise the rumble and looking up but not being able to see it I would surmise it was a jet plane😉😉😁.. hopefully it was one of ours..😉..

The way you describe the noise the rumble and looking up but not being able to see it I would surmise it was a jet plane😉😉😁.. hopefully it was one of ours..😉..

We saw it and it definitely was a fighter, just couldn't tell if it was an F18, or whatever, because it was moving too fast.

I had a C-5 sneek up on me while on rt84 in Newburgh NY , landing at Stewart Airport. Talk about the large shadow along with the noise Surprise ..:shock:

I remember the ...I think they were F105's?..Coming from behind us and belly dropping these long red and yellow tubes in front of us...Take your breath away if they were just a tad to close...Nasty stuff but very affective...:D..

Reminds me of the road trip to New Mexico with my friends when a fighter jet flew out of a base on the other side of the mountains, Tom thought we were in a wreck. There are the famous words on that trip of "what was that, it was a heck of a noise?" My reply was " A fighter jet flew out of the mountains!" and I added "Maybe it was that one we saw being transported on the truck we had seen yesterday?" :xzqxz:

I am recovering from bypass surgery, so not much riding going on here and didn't have enough energy to post much. I did manage to fix the shift lever on my 2012 Spyder RTL. I managed to take it out for a 10 mile spin last Friday, but that is about it. Last trip was in June when it broke in Richland Wa. Managed to JB weld it to get me home but then the JB Weld let loose. New shifter on now so we will see how long that lasts.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png