Soon to be on three

1Ozz

Aug 23, 2022
CHARDON
New to the forum from Northeast Ohio. Like many others on here, I’ve been on two wheels for a long time (nearly 50 years). From a mini-bike, to various on/off road bikes, a vintage two-stroke, 2 sport-touring bikes, a Road King, and currently a Triumph 900 Tiger GT. I’m to the point where various body parts (knees, hip, and back) aren’t working like they used to, making two wheels less enjoyable than it used to be.

Under mild protest, I told my significant other last year that we’d start looking for a Trike when I turned 60. She says that “everyone on a Trike is always smiling”. I don’t know about that but, 60 happens for me next week and I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can about Trikes and the eventual transition. What I think I know so far as that by bike season here next year we will be enjoying a (preowned) Goldwing with either a CSC or Roadsmith conversion. There is a lot of great information and sage advice on this forum and I’m hoping to continue to learn over the next few months as we make the switch!

New to the forum from Northeast Ohio. Like many others on here, I’ve been on two wheels for a long time (nearly 50 years). From a mini-bike, to various on/off road bikes, a vintage two-stroke, 2 sport-touring bikes, a Road King, and currently a Triumph 900 Tiger GT. I’m to the point where various body parts (knees, hip, and back) aren’t working like they used to, making two wheels less enjoyable than it used to be.

Under mild protest, I told my significant other last year that we’d start looking for a Trike when I turned 60. She says that “everyone on a Trike is always smiling”. I don’t know about that but, 60 happens for me next week and I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can about Trikes and the eventual transition. What I think I know so far as that by bike season here next year we will be enjoying a (preowned) Goldwing with either a CSC or Roadsmith conversion. There is a lot of great information and sage advice on this forum and I’m hoping to continue to learn over the next few months as we make the switch!

Gary….Welcome to Trike Talk…👍👍…And yes the smiles 😁😁😁

Hi Gary! Welcome to Trike Talk!

You’re gonna love the comfort, stability and renewed confidence riding a three wheeler offers…

I made the switch after 48 years on two wheels earlier this year and the fun has returned!!

Gary, Welcome from Mesa, AZ. I managed to hold out until I was 70 before switching to 3. At 72, I went back to 2 for a season and found I was not as comfortable as I needed to be, so I put all 2-wheelers in my rear view and now am on 3 exclusively. The 2 choices you are considering are the 2 I would pick also. Regardless of which bike or brand you select, the most important thing is that the trike kit was installed correctly by an experienced shop. Good luck..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png