DTC U0156

ultrafxr

1250+ Posts
Reaction score
On long road trip and stopped for gas about 10-12 miles from hotel. Turned on ignition and all normal for a couple seconds and then my Dakota Digital gauges all went dark - no display at all. And I noticed the gps display on my infotainment screen was in the 'night' mode - dark background even though it was bright and sunny. Cycled the ignition a few times but no joy. Rode to hotel, checked in and went back out to the bike. Everything is working normally now. Retrieved DTC code U0156 - lost communication with speedometer. Suspect a 'glitch' (a very technical term) in BCM. Thinking I might check cable connection there but where is the BCM on my 2020 TG? And any other ideas / suggestions welcome.

On long road trip and stopped for gas about 10-12 miles from hotel. Turned on ignition and all normal for a couple seconds and then my Dakota Digital gauges all went dark - no display at all. And I noticed the gps display on my infotainment screen was in the 'night' mode - dark background even though it was bright and sunny. Cycled the ignition a few times but no joy. Rode to hotel, checked in and went back out to the bike. Everything is working normally now. Retrieved DTC code U0156 - lost communication with speedometer. Suspect a 'glitch' (a very technical term) in BCM. Thinking I might check cable connection there but where is the BCM on my 2020 TG? And any other ideas / suggestions welcome.
1st- check your battery connections. Next check your speedo connections. Since you have the DD gauges you or someone installed them. Id start there. Leave the BCM alone.

1st- check your battery connections. Next check your speedo connections. Since you have the DD gauges you or someone installed them. Id start there. Leave the BCM alone.

I agree…; Electrical Connections 101’ Go back to the last thing you monkey with..🤔..

And check your Maxi Fuse to ensure it is seated tightly in the female spade pins. You will notice some melting on the fuse housing if it is not.

Probably should check your other fuses while you are at it just to be sure they are seated tightly, vibration does strange things.

Good ideas guys. Thanks. I’ll check maxi fuse and battery. Was aware of plug on gauges so I checked carefully when I installed to make sure it locked in.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png