Turn signal issue

Rogue1

400+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm looking for some serious suggestions as to what might be the problem. My turn signal indicator lights flash twice as fast as the turn signals. Everything works fine they just flashed twice as fast as the turn signal. I keep getting codes b2141 and b2146 which are left and right front turn signal output open. I tried clearing these several times and one time they both had a c after the 2141 and 2146. I never saw that before. Now they just read 2141 and 2146 but they won't stay cleared. I checked the fuse everything is good. Any suggestions?

Just for grins try resyncing the signals

[h=2]2014 and newer models with canbus / BCM electrical systems:[/h]

1. Turn the Ignition on, but do not start the bike
  2. Turn on your 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls
  3. Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. If the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is expected. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode
  4. Let hazards run 1-2 minutes
  5. Turn the ignition back on
  6. Turn the ignition off and then back on
  7. Check the function of both turn signals

Just for grins try resyncing the signals

[h=2]2014 and newer models with canbus / BCM electrical systems:[/h]

1. Turn the Ignition on, but do not start the bike
  2. Turn on your 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls
  3. Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. If the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is expected. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode
  4. Let hazards run 1-2 minutes
  5. Turn the ignition back on
  6. Turn the ignition off and then back on
  7. Check the function of both turn signals

No good

I tried that before I posted but I tried several times after you suggested it, no good

I have custom dynamics led's and had a problem like you are. I called them and they helped me get it fixed. If yours are custom dynamics call them. I'm sorry I don't remember what they told me to do to fix it, but it worked for me.

I found the email they sent me as follows. The last option worked for me.

Syncing the BCM:

[FONT=&quot]- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, do not start the bike.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Turn the Hazard Lights (4-Way Flashers) ON.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Turn the ignition to the OFF position leaving the Hazard Lights flashing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Let the hazard Lights flash for 2 minutes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, do not start the bike.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Turn the Hazard Lights (4-Way Flashers) OFF.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Short Sync

1. Turn Ignition on, Start the bike and let run for 1 minute. Shut engine off with kill switch.
  2. Turn on 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls.
  3. Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. IF the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is normal. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode.
  4. Let hazards run 15 flashes.
  5. Turn Ignition back on.
  6. Turn off hazards.
  7. Turn Ignition off and then back on.
  8. Check function of both turn signals.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Secondary Turn Signal Sync Procedure (If Needed)

[/FONT]

1. Turn Ignition on, and start the bike.
  2. Turn on 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls..
  3. Let hazards run 1-2 minutes with engine running.
  4. Turn off hazards.
  5. Turn Ignition off and then back on and restart the bike.
  6. Check function of both turn signals.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If it still will not sync we will need to check codes to determine which turn signals are causing the issue. Follow the link on how to check codes below. [/FONT]

I have custom dynamics led's and had a problem like you are. I called them and they helped me get it fixed. If yours are custom dynamics call them. I'm sorry I don't remember what they told me to do to fix it, but it worked for me.

I got it figured out. I pulled the units out of the front turn signals and one of the units has started to separate from the plug that goes into the hole. I replaced them with the standard bulbs and everything works fine. Thanks for everybody's input

I got it figured out. I pulled the units out of the front turn signals and one of the units has started to separate from the plug that goes into the hole. I replaced them with the standard bulbs and everything works fine. Thanks for everybody's input

Good on you for figuring it out:clapping:

I called Eagle Lights, I thought they were Custom Dynamics lights but they're not, they are sending me a new set as we speak. All I pay is $9 shipping. Great customer service. The Eagle Lights sync the same as the Custom Dynamics so that wasn't the problem. I sent pictures of the problem and they responded immediately.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png