REAR tires on GW

John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Reaction score
Changing my rear tires 205 55 16 . Dealer has Eagle RS-A good deal on them only 2 left. Or Assurance Fuel Max also a decent deal a little more $ . Read report on both . Comments were the Eagle were noisy, the Fuel max were soft but Quiet. who is using what , need input / don't want to make a choice i will regret.

Hi John,

I will be changing tires on the rear of my 2003 GW MT this summer. I, too had questions about which would be best. I want safty and quiet! I have read on different forums that Michelin Hydro-edge are good tires to consider. One of TT members in Texas is running them. (MAYBE Scalphunter????) Nana would probably know. she knows all!!!

I went with the Good Year Fuel Max.. 1st ride today I will post my findings . Tread looks exactly like the ones I took off. rolling resistance is suppose to be light. road noise minimal .One guy claimed a 2 MPG increase on his work Van. $123 each before , stems ,throw away tire charge ,balancing and tax and oh yea almost forgot AIR. I had to tell the guy 3 times 22# of air.

Well the Goodyear Fuel MAX is a winner in my book . No shimmy , no sound . You can only hear the motor on the high way at 65 MPH Can't tell about in the rain aint plannin on ridin in any too soon

Hi John,

I will be changing tires on the rear of my 2003 GW MT this summer. I, too had questions about which would be best. I want safty and quiet! I have read on different forums that Michelin Hydro-edge are good tires to consider. One of TT members in Texas is running them. (MAYBE Scalphunter????) Nana would probably know. she knows all!!!

Not me, that was(is) Commanche who has those.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png