DNA trike kit brakes

Oct 29, 2021
Camden, TN, USA
I have a DNA trike kit on my Harley Softail. Standard DNA rear brakes included in the kit. I believe that I messed up the caliper seals. Like a bonehead, I used Dot 3 fluid. Bled the brakes, worked well until the next day. Harley says to use only Dot 5 right on the master cylinder cap. Fluid in the master cylinder reservoir was black. Drained out the Dot 3. Rebuilt the master cylinder. The rubber was absolutely destroyed. Filled with Dot 5 and bled. All good. A month later, no brakes. All I can think of is that I destroyed the rubber in the DNA calipers also.

Where can I get rebuild kits?

DNA Specialities dowsn't seem to want to answer questions. Not the first time that I've run into this issue with them. I guess that I will have to go the Jobber route or find some calipers that will fit the DNA brackets.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

If that does not help, take the caliper piston out, take the outer dust boot and the piston seal to an Auto jobber, I bet they could match the size kit u need[/QUOTE]

DNA says that they no longer handle the single piston calipers for their trike conversion kits. They are, of course, willing to sell me two piston calipers. Pretty expen$ive!!

Has anybody retro-fitted American made calipers to the DNA trike housing ends?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png