Best Cycle Wash to use...

botinker

Dec 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN USA
Just got back from my first long ride through the Tennessee Mountains on my new Goldwing/Roadsmith... First Trike for me and I love it...I won't go back to the 2 wheelers again...
The ride brought on the bugs... So does anybody know of an easy way of cleaning the windshield and the paint? I have tried a lot of ways in the past but never found a real good way...
All suggestions appreciated... http://www.triketalk.com/forum/images/smilies/shrug.gif

I did leave out one little bit of info. After I painted my trike I used some Mothers rubbing compound and Carnauba wax on it. Bugs come off real easy. All I have to do is spray a little soapy water on and bugs wipe right off.

I have been cleaning my trikes for about five years and I find that keeping a good coat of wax on the trike is the best thing to get the bugs off. After I get home and realize that I have bugs all over the trike I wash the trike using a real soft car wash brush in soapy water such as Turtle Wax Wash made for cars. Everything just slides off and the brisles of the brush get in all the little cracks and crannies.

I was on the road one time and talked with a fellow triker and he was pouring Hydrogen Peroxide on the his collection of bugs and said that they just bubble off with no harm to the finish! I have never tried that but maybe...?? If you wax it before you ride NO PROBLEM!

I just use fresh clean water and a microfiber cloth. Once all the bugs and road dirt are off, I give it a quick once-over with the plexus and it looks like brand new.

I have used Hydrogen Peroxide, just spray it on anywhere you have bugs , they foam up , let it foam for a few min then rinse off. Works for me :woohoo:

Clear skies, Steve W.

I've used the HP in a 50/50 mix, it works good. A damp hand towel draped over the windshield for a couple of minutes also works good.

Dwight

I use...the Chief. He does an excellent job and is a constantly renewable source. Though he may not function as well for you--I have a certain ... "leverage." :giggle:

I'm the opposite of Juju. This Master Chief lets the GF know the trike is too dirty to take out when she wants to go for a ride! And quicker than you can spell P-R-E-S-T-O the trike is clean.

But she gets even; actually ahead. I'm the Deckhand on her boat and guess who keeps it cleans and spiffy. You guessed it - the Master Chief.

Even tho I own a Harley, I have to agree with Mike the Honda polish is real good stuff.....

The Original Honda Polish was great. Today, it is called the Original Spray and spirits.

Much better then what is produced by Honda today. Much better.

Windshield Spray bottle 1/2 Hydrogen Peroxide 1/2 H20. Cheapest mix on the market and as good as anything I have used.

I found that other than the hot wet towel for the windshield, and the H2O2 for the bugs that a great wash is a thing called Honda Bright. It's not the polish/cleaner in the black and white can. You rinse the bike down, spray on the Honda bright, (I use a wet cloth to wipe down the bike/trike), then spray it off and bingo bright. You could also wipe it down with a dry towel afterwards. It leaves a nice shiny wax coating.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png