Good morning all. A little about me. 71 years old, married 48 years, 3 grown kids, 6 grandkids, live in Washington state at the base of Mt Rainier. Just sold my 2 wheeler because wife won't ride anymore because of my knee surgeries, back and shoulder surgery. Looking for 3 wheeler. Leaning towards Harley Tri-Glide. Thought about Spyders but to nervous about the issues with them. Hope this wasn't to long for a new greeting. Have a great day. Gary

Good morning all. A little about me. 71 years old, married 48 years, 3 grown kids, 6 grandkids, live in Washington state at the base of Mt Rainier. Just sold my 2 wheeler because wife won't ride anymore because of my knee surgeries, back and shoulder surgery. Looking for 3 wheeler. Leaning towards Harley Tri-Glide. Thought about Spyders but to nervous about the issues with them. Hope this wasn't to long for a new greeting. Have a great day. Gary

Gary.........Welcome to Trike-Talk.......:wave4::wave4:...

Hi Gary, :welcome: to Trike Talk

Ride a few Trikes before you buy and Take your wife with

Make sure see is comfortable on the ones you test ride

Thanks for the replies everyone. Here are my thoughts so far;

Spyders- seems the engine and transmissions you won't have trouble with. Electrical is a problem from talking to people with Spyders. The dealer has to do the Lazer alignment. Dealers are not as numerous as Harley and Honda. From my conversations with owners, support from dealers and BRP is hit and miss.

Honda- My main concern is Honda won't work on the trike conversions. So, you have to find the conversion dealers. I don't know how many of each conversion dealers there are but it seems like same situation as Spyders.

Tri-Glide- It's made by Harley so any repairs shouldn't be a problem. Lots of dealers throughout the states, so good support system. Good resale value.

These are just some of my thoughts. I know all vehicles have some issues but if I have issues traveling I want to find a dealership easily.

Thanks everyone.

Gary

Welcome - you will enjoy your 3 wheeler. What bike did you sell. I converted mine instead of selling it.

I sold a Yamaha vstar 1100. It was a good bike but under powered with 2 up. I had it for 14 years with no issues whatsoever. Don't know why but have never had a Harley. Just never worked out that way. Probably my favorite bike of all time was my Triumph Bonneville 650. Loved that bike. Never should have sold it. Thanks for asking. A buddy of mine told ne that Harley Davidson was doing away with independent dealers. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I sold a Yamaha vstar 1100. It was a good bike but under powered with 2 up. I had it for 14 years with no issues whatsoever. Don't know why but have never had a Harley. Just never worked out that way. Probably my favorite bike of all time was my Triumph Bonneville 650. Loved that bike. Never should have sold it. Thanks for asking. A buddy of mine told ne that Harley Davidson was doing away with independent dealers. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

What is your definition of an ''Independent Dealer''?......All Harley Dealers are franchised dealers.....If you are thinking of a shop that works on Harleys [AKA Indie's] but can't sell new Harleys or do Harley's Warrteny work' Then there just that' Independent and as such Harley hasn't any control over them....:Shrug:...

I think the Yamaha is a nice bike - had a couple of them. My son was touring with me so, we got him a 1500 Suzuki Blvd - tons of power.

My Harley is a 2021 Ultra with a 114. I did not get a tri-glide, rather, as mentioned, I converted my bike by way of CSC. I thought there were some advantages of going that way - others prefer the Harley version.

Whichever way you go, Iam certain you will enjoy yourself.

uCk04EX.jpg

T9tv5vn.jpg

My version of a independent is an individually owned dealer (franchise). I used independent because that's how he put it to me. I asked him what he meant by independent and his statement was the dealers with 1 store were being pushed out and dealers who owned multiple store were being kept. I take this all lightly as this is coming from third party. I was just curious if anyone else had heard anything.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png