2018 tri glide aftermarket exhaust help

New trike

10+ Posts
Reaction score

• i recently got a 2018 anniversary edition, pretty much stock and am going to be doing some aftermarket goodies over the winter. i need advice on a good sounding set of slip on pipes. yes, i want them louder than the stock pipes, my preference. not crazy loud, but louder, my concern is the length of pipes, i cant find any info on actual length. i have already scraped the pipes going into a parking area with a slight ramp. so, i really don't want longer than stock. has anyone replaced oem with aftermarkets that can give me some insight on this. I am not looking to do a lift kit right now, just the right set of pipes. thank you in advance if anyone has some advice.​

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.

I would think you would want a lift kit to protect the new slip-ons from damage. I know some aftermarket pipes can cost $600+.

Just a thought,

Kurt

I have the SE Street cannons on my 2017 and they had a nice low rumble when just cruising but a nice bark when on the throttle. Jump forward to now, I have since installed a Fullsac Sportpipe head pipe along with a cam and tuner, it made the exhaust somewhat louder but not obnoxious. Plus, they just barely stick past the body as far as scraping, when possible, approach steep driveways at an angle. Even with 14 inch shocks mine will still scrape if the drive is really steep.

I had the street cannons on my last trike, they sounded great just like Steve described and definitely get a lift kit installed.

The first I would do is a lift kit from DK custom products, works good, if use the legend lift kit you have to add spacers so it will work, don't think so. The lift kit from DK is the first thing I did to my 2018.

As far as exhaust mufflers the sound of the cobra 909's sound really good on youtube, a nice deep sound.

All for now Trampas

The first I would do is a lift kit from DK custom products, works good, if use the legend lift kit you have to add spacers so it will work, don't think so. The lift kit from DK is the first thing I did to my 2018.

As far as exhaust mufflers the sound of the cobra 909's sound really good on youtube, a nice deep sound.

All for now Trampas

I have the Cobra Trike Slip-ons with a decatted headpiped and tuned. I'm the alarm clock for my entire neighborhood in the mornings when I come home from work. I don't hammer it either, just a gentle 20mph in 2nd gear. Lol. And before anybody says anything, I come home about 0530-0600 so most are already up and most people in my neighborhood ride as well. If they're still in bed when I come in, they're late is what they tell me. lol

I have the Street Cannons. Bought them from a young cat that said they weren't loud enough. Sound fine to me. Suggest you check out bike nights if there are any left or just hang out at the dealer and listen to bikes rolling in.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png