• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Grease fitting on a 2001 Gl1800 trike Roadsmith

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my GL1800 Roadsmith trike couple months ago. Trying to do some maintenance on it cuz it seems like it wasn't done in a long time.

Read in another thread that you are grease fittings on the drive shaft. Just wondering is there any other PLACES that needs to be greased??

And what type of Grease most people are using??

Have ridden for many years (two-wheelers), but this 3-wheeler there is a big difference, not only riding but maintenance too.

Thanks in advance I do appreciate the help

Hi

Just got my GL1800 Roadmaster a couple months ago. Trying to do some maintenance on it cuz it seems like it wasn't done in a long time.

Read in another thread that you are grease fittings on the drive shaft. Just wondering is there any other PLACES that needs to be greased??

And what type of Grease most people are using??

Have ridden for many years (two-wheelers), but this 3-wheeler there is a big difference, not only riding but maintenance too.

Thanks in advance I do appreciate the help

Adee.......Welcome To Trike-Talk.........:wave4::wave4:...

The only two grease fitting jerk's r on the drive shaft that I know of... I jack up rear of bike and rotate tires till you see the jerks, and shoot some molly grease into them until you see grease spitting out the edges...(takes only one/two pumps of the G. gun) ***Don't overfill***

Ronnie

11/14/22

If and when you change joints check out this

1542237468_DanaSpicer5-3228XU-Joint7260seriesGreasefittingincap_.jpg

Doug at Roadsmith- Co-owner Told me the driveshaft does not need grease added to it.

The good folks at Roadsmith trike told me that's the only thing to worry about, under the trike kit body to lube..

Ronnie

11/24/22

Grease fitting on Roadmaster trike

Just talked to Road Smith, to get more information about my bike, the kit was put on in 2008.

So I asked him about the grease fittings.

He said I just need to grease the 2 fitting on the shaft near the back of the engine.

I also have one in the middle of the shaft and he said don't worry about it, It doesn't need to be greased.

Just talked to Road Smith, to get more information about my bike, the kit was put on in 2008.

So I asked him about the grease fittings.

He said I just need to grease the 2 fitting on the shaft near the back of the engine.

I also have one in the middle of the shaft and he said don't worry about it, It doesn't need to be greased.

Thank you for this information: I was also with the same thoughts, BUT if I'm miss'n grease shots locations , I want to know about them

Ronnie

12/11/22

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png