To Lean

Anyone know of a tuner for a 2010 flhxxx 103 motor that will work without having to dyno? Dealer won"t install HD fuelpack becouse they can"t dyno it. Trike seems to run a little lean, I"m told HD sets them up that way for EPA standards.

Either the SEPST or the TTS will get the job done. Food for thought. When you richen the AFR you can increase the heat produced by the catalytic converter which is in the head pipe by your right foot. I'd ditch the cat before I'd start adding fuel.

Also note-Use of any non-HD approved/street legal part/accessories/modifications, not installed by a cert. HD tech at an authorized dealer will void you warranty.
Find another dealer.

They can install a breather kit and a SERaceTuner and input a setting that will accomplish what you want without a dyno. For example:
Screamin' Eagle® Stage I Air Cleaner Kit - Twin Cam Models | Harley-Davidson USA

Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Tuner Kit | Harley-Davidson USA

Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Touring Mufflers - Chrome | Harley-Davidson USA

Last edited:
Go to nightrider.com and see pigtails that plug in between your oxygen sensor and PC. They will richen up the mix very well in the closed loop mode. They eliminate pinging and heat very well with low cost. My bike with the 110 engine will not go into the rear cylinder cutoff mode even on a hot day in traffic. No more heat problems.

I made up many of these pigtails awhile back. They go thru null at 13.8 : 1 AFR, making the ECU think that that is 14.7.
You can make these yourself with a couple resistors wired as shown. The cost is pocket change, but they do work.

Also note-Use of any non-HD approved/street legal part/accessories/modifications, not installed by a cert. HD tech at an authorized dealer will void you warranty.
Find another dealer.

They can install a breather kit and a SERaceTuner and input a setting that will accomplish what you want without a dyno. For example:

Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Tuner Kit | Harley-Davidson USA

The down side to this tuner is only the dealer can upload a map and the map is a canned map which is still EPA legal and lean and its not adjustable for AFR.

Thanks-didn't know that. Won't be suggesting one of those anymore!
Was just trying to keep the warranty valid!

Thats a delicate dance, a good dealer with sharp techs and a understanding service manager goes a long way towards helping. The hacks at the dealer I used to do business with never were any help, the service manager could only say "they all do that".

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png