Taller bar's

Dj17

Reaction score
New to a TG and I see a lot of you have changed to a 12" bar. I'm 6'1" and have had 4 disked fused in my neck and both shoulders fixed. So who in my height have changed bar's and what did you go with? Also did you do it yourself and did you need extensions. Mines a 2022. Sorry for the long post.

Welcome to Trike Talk Dave. Although I'm not 6'1" myself and most of my friends have switched to Khromewerks 2plus 2 wide sweepers. A couple of my buddies are 6'1" and really like these bars. On a 2022 they are easy to install, with no need for extensions just rerouting the stock wiring under the fairing makes it easier.

asset.php

Here is a pic of my 2018 with wild one's 12.5 WO577, I love them, had the same bar on my 2016 also

All for now Trampas

The first mod I made to mine was changing to the KW 2+2 Wide Sweepers. I rode with the stock bars for about a month and switched. It is like having power steering. I'm 6'1" and have back issues as well.

I’m also 6’1” and 2+2 klockwerks work great on my trike. I also have 12” Paul Yaffee Classic apes on my 07 Electra Glide and love them. The biggest plus on the 2+2 is my hands stay more behind the faring in colder weather. My 12” are cold in the winter so I installed guards in the cold months.

The first mod I made to mine was changing to the KW 2+2 Wide Sweepers. I rode with the stock bars for about a month and switched. It is like having power steering. I'm 6'1" and have back issues as well.

Did you have to do any wire or cable extensions?

I replaced the bars on my 21 TG with the 2+2 narrows. I’m 5’8” and they work great for me. I ran the wires from the grip controls through the inside of the bars. Didn’t need to extend the clutch cable or brake lines. I did add an H-D wire extension into the fairing from the right grip wiring, which I attributed to the move of the wiring harness from outside the bars to the inside.

I’m 6’ but long waisted. I went with 14” LA Chopper bars. The shop I had do the install had me sit on the bike and then measured my arms from the stock bars. 14” got my arms as close to being level. Definitely relieved the pinch in my neck on longer rides.

Replacement Bars

I’m 6ft and used KST Customs Six Bender 10in Bars on 21 Tri Glide. These are 2in taller than stock but 5in wider and much better wrist angle. Still have protection from the fairing in cold and rain. The shop that installed them used wire extensions to run through the bars but didn’t have to change the clutch cable or front brake line. Very comfortable.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png