My New Seat

Big Dog

Contributing Member
Jul 13, 2008
Sarasota
Here are some shots of the seat that I had made. Riding solo or with Miles, the wonder dog, I don't need the step seat.

Seat1.jpg

The shop used my seat pan, just stripped the old seat and created whay we thought would be comfortable.

Seat2.jpg

Trust me, under my big butt the seat is very cozzy.

Seat3.jpg

Wow, Big Dog! That's not a seat, that's a cushy recliner chair! Where's the wide screen TV? You now have more comfort on the road than the rest of us put together. Enjoy it!

One more picture. And a comment the cord hanging from under the seat, in the last group of pictures, is for my trickle charger.

Seat4.jpg

Wow, Big Dog! That's not a seat, that's a cushy recliner chair! Where's the wide screen TV? You now have more comfort on the road than the rest of us put together. Enjoy it!

Nana, you have to remember, it's not a :) trike, it's a :D Stallion!! Comfort is the rule, along with performance.

Big Dog nice looking seat. Was there a reason you did not retain the driver back rest? MJ and Ted #175

MJ, in the picture you will see my codriver. He allows me alittle more leg room. And he won't be with me on long trips. I am working on a storage/backrest bag setup.

DayOne2.jpg

Thanks BigDog, What is your production #. I love your traveling companion. I also saw on the other web site that you installed (2) 12V outlets. Can you send me details on how you did that? I've tried taking some of those panels off and it is tricky. Where did you wire them to. Keep me in the loop on the storage also. I've had mine since March 9th. I've got close to 7000 miles on it and have had only a few minor problems. We are still stock but are gathering idea's. Need to really fix the headlights when someone comes up with something. They are terrible. Not alot of street lights in Key Largo Florida. I see your from Sarasota. Maybe we will see eachother some where some time. My Stallion is white with black and green pinstripes. I am having a turtle picture put on it also.

MJ and Ted 175

Key Largo! I see a Southern FL Stallion rally in the future. I can taste the Cuban food already! I think that puts Big dog, Mikey, and someone else in FL. I can be down there in a hop skip and a jump from NC.

nice seat big dog could i ask where you got it done at i have bad back and hip when i got mine it killed my leges i cut the seat to move the back rest back 4 in and put a gel pad on and its ok the stock seat is way to thin after i rode for about 3 hrs i could feel i was siting on the seat pan no more seat left so i was wateing for it to get cold out side then i wanted to send my seat someware to get it done i can see yours is much thicker thanks be real happy with your help thanks agan kippy

nice seat big dog could i ask where you got it done at i have bad back and hip when i got mine it killed my leges i cut the seat to move the back rest back 4 in and put a gel pad on and its ok the stock seat is way to thin after i rode for about 3 hrs i could feel i was siting on the seat pan no more seat left so i was wateing for it to get cold out side then i wanted to send my seat someware to get it done i can see yours is much thicker thanks be real happy with your help thanks agan kippy

Kippy I just asked my dealer, Cycle & Trikes, if there was an upolstery shop in the area. They recomended Joe's Upolistery in Frederick,Md.. Just check for a local shop, and print a picture and let him run with it.

Re: My New Seat/ South Florida Run

Mattel, post some dates that work for you and your wife. You've got the longest ride, those of us in Florida will work with you.
What's the status on your new sneakers? Going to be riding for the weekend, still good follage out there.:D

Thanks BigDog, What is your production #. I love your traveling companion. I also saw on the other web site that you installed (2) 12V outlets. Can you send me details on how you did that? I've tried taking some of those panels off and it is tricky. Where did you wire them to. Keep me in the loop on the storage also. I've had mine since March 9th. I've got close to 7000 miles on it and have had only a few minor problems. We are still stock but are gathering idea's. Need to really fix the headlights when someone comes up with something. They are terrible. Not alot of street lights in Key Largo Florida. I see your from Sarasota. Maybe we will see eachother some where some time. My Stallion is white with black and green pinstripes. I am having a turtle picture put on it also.

MJ and Ted 175

MJ, I cheated and had my dealer install the power ports. After deciding on the location, on both side of the steering wheel. They said that with the hood up the install would be very easy. I'll post some pictures next time I get home. I've only got 700 miles, and I'm number 274, purchased in July.

BIGDOG, Russel showed me how and where to put the outlets. I was there today because of no stop lights. This is an easy job. All you need to do is make your holes through the panals at a location that is accessable on the back side with the hood open. Then you run the fused wires to power and a wire to ground. There is a power block on the left side under the hood near the panal.

Thanks

MJ and Ted

WOW Big Dog.........that is one fancy seat.
All you need now is a remote for various positions! I love it!

For those of you wanting cheaper, more portable comfort.
We found these gel-foam seat cushions that are quite
comfy for both driver and passenger at Wal-Mart for
$18.00. The back side is rubber-coated, stays in place
and has a carry handle on it. Sometimes I slide mine
up to cushion my lower back.
ss

Seat%20Cushions.jpg

With a very lite trim work you can fit 2 in the smae cover for just a little extra for those of us that need it. :)

One word of caution don't leave it in the sun on a very hot days you will get burned though your pants and the takes a while to cool down when the pads gets that hot. Yes I speak from experiance. OUCH! :eek:

OUCH! Glad you mentioned that. Up here in WI we haven't had those kinds of temperatures at this time of year but I'll remember that for next season. We did find out that if they get a bit wet it takes a good "bake" in the sunshine to dry them!

Thanks for the tip on doubling them up. I bought another one yesterday for my exercycle and noticed they've changed the cover a bit but hey even though I have my own built-in "padding" I still struggle with a sore butt and hips on longer rides. I like that idea Ben, Thanks so much!

ss

BIGDOG, Russel showed me how and where to put the outlets. I was there today because of no stop lights. This is an easy job. All you need to do is make your holes through the panals at a location that is accessable on the back side with the hood open. Then you run the fused wires to power and a wire to ground. There is a power block on the left side under the hood near the panal.

Thanks

MJ and Ted

MJ, Can you give us some more info on that power block? Some pictures or more detail on how you did that and which parts do you need? I would like to do the same thing, and I would sure appreciate the guidance. I don't want to run a dedicated wire to the battery, and I would like it to go off when the key is out of the ignition. Thanks!!!!

WOW Big Dog.........that is one fancy seat.
All you need now is a remote for various positions! I love it!

For those of you wanting cheaper, more portable comfort.
We found these gel-foam seat cushions that are quite
comfy for both driver and passenger at Wal-Mart for
$18.00. The back side is rubber-coated, stays in place
and has a carry handle on it. Sometimes I slide mine
up to cushion my lower back.
ss

Seat%20Cushions.jpg

SS,
I use the air hawk medium seat and it fits really well. It is much more money (almost $200) but it looks great, and it has attachment system, and the best part is on hot days you can put the ac on and direct the vent down, and it will blow cool air through the vents and under your bottom. It will keep you from sweating on the seat on a day that is 100+ degrees! I will attach a picture soon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png