The Arrival!!!!!!

Today was the big day. The truck driver that was bringing the trike up here called right after I got home and said he was in the area and would arrive shortly. After a quick change out of work clothes and a sip of coffee the semi was in front of the house. Of course, April had to get the camera ready for the unveiling.

April hasn't ridden it yet and while playing with the air suspension I killed the battery. I can easily say that it will take a little time to get used to it. On the first corner at the end of my property I turned the bars enough to get halfway through the turn, then decided leaning my body would help- it didn't. I almost ran up into the neighbors yard, but brought the trike to a stop. After a quick thought adjustment I turned the bars all the way and gave her some gas. It is a little odd feeling in a turn as it rides much different than a 2 wheeled bike, but its is so nice.

April is excited to get on it tomorrow night or Friday night with me so she can see how it feels. She is taking the trike class later next month, but I am hoping to get her on it in a parking lot before that so she can see what it is like. This weekend we will tear it all apart to do the mods that are sitting in a box on the end table, more pictures of it will be taken then. One cool feature, the brake lights flash just like it has a backoff module in it. Too bad I didn't already know this as I purchased a backoff module specifically for the trike. The adjustable air suspension is real nice at the bars and the voltmeter is a nice feature to verify I did in fact drain the battery playing with the air suspension while the bike wasn't running.

I typed up a nice storyline with photos, but don't know how to attach the photos in this board yet. You can go to this link Bike transformation pictures by blackaero1 - Photobucket to see all the photos along with the ones we took today.

P1050810.jpg

Happy riding!

Great looking trike, congratulations! I got my trike this spring, and spent a couple days at a parking lot practicing figure 8's, stops and starts, and stops on hills before taking it out on the road. That gave me a lot more confidence and gave me a chance to really "know my trike." I hope she loves it at much as I do mine!

She Ate the Canary

That's how April looks in pics on this site and another site. Looks happy as a bug in a rug.:) She had that same look when she and Will stopped by my house on a snowy, Coastal NC January afternoon to check out my 750 Trike.

I know April will have a blast and before you know it she'll be wanting 2-way radio comms with both pax and other bikes, trunk bag for the luggage rack, armrests, etc., etc., etc. (Believe me. I know the GF has "the bug" and was clicking off, to me, accessories she'd like if she gets a trike.) And, you're right about weekenders on the bikes' especially with the price of petro.

Glad your wait is over but Will I'm afraid I won't have time to run up to check it out before I start back up my 4 Corners Trip weekend after next. But, definitely will stop on my way down the East Coast in early/mid June.

BTW: Do you remember the decal I have on my gas tank? The one MotorTrike gave me when I picked mine up in '09! Got some leftover if you want one for yourself.:innocent:

Again, congratulations to April on getting her own trike to drive.

Cal

Thanks everyone.
Cal- have no fear on the comms, I used my noggin and got that already so all we have to do is install it. Just gotta figure out exactly how I plan to mount the antenna. Probably gonna go with either the same thing you have or something very similar. Its a clean install that just makes sense. I also got her a fancy new tank bib to go with the theme she wants, new clutch springs, new sow jet for the carb, and I plan to advance the timing by 4 degrees. Have fun on your four corners trip, I wish we could tag along for at least part of the thing. An extra decal might come in handy, they didn't include any for her trike. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png