Chrome License Plate Frame

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Good morning ...

I would like to order this Chrome License Plate Frame for my 17 Freewheeler. When I look at the Harley factory site, they do not show a frame that "fits" the Freewheeler. All of their frames say will not fit my model. The majority of my accessories are from Kuryakyn and I really like their stuff. The quality is very good and they make a huge variety of schwag for the bike. This frame says "universal fit" ... anyone have any plate frame issues or successes that you can share? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 11.01.33 AM.png

Thanks Ol'

If your state motorcycle license plate is 4"x7" then I think the one you are looking at from Kuryakyn should fit.

Thanks Ol' ... Yes our plates are 4X7 and Im sure that the frame will fit the plate. Will the frame fit the bike is my concern. Will the mounting holes line up with the Freewheeler's mounting bracket?

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.14.18 AM.jpg

Pretty sure it will. License plate brackets are pretty universal fit to standard size license plates. I have used the Kuryakyn frame you are looking at on a few different motorcycles over the years.

No Problem

Thanks Ol' ... Yes our plates are 4X7 and Im sure that the frame will fit the plate. Will the frame fit the bike is my concern. Will the mounting holes line up with the Freewheeler's mounting bracket?

View attachment 111322

Bolts go through license plate, then through the license plate frame, then through Freewheeler license plate base.

Nuts go on the inside of the fender.

Some over-large, gaudy, "manly" license plate frames have too much bling to fit under the fender without modification.

(either of frame, or of fender).

I believe you mean horizontal?

81HaD0dfPQL._AC_SX679_.jpg

W
I have sliced n redrilled many of tags to fit the frames . Not worth the return aggravation .

if it’s inexpensive enough I don’t bother to send things back I’ll just throw it in my pile of junk… and maybe reconfigure it into something else down the road sometime..

Okay start throwing stones.... anybody ever check Amazon? Still looks good and they have all kinds. I would have sent a picture, but I appear to be severally challenged in that regard.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png