Trike not tracking/handling correctly…help!

When i cross a steel bridge, yup wander. Groves in pavement, stuff like that.

We all know riding center on tire, vrs edge, back to center, causes that.

Assuming you tire is round, nobody puts a flat tire on front, 😆

The ideal you say you can shake side to side, sitting there, if front is tight

Then are you rear axels sliding? A c clip style rear? Worn spiders , side gears, letting axels move?

Back to rake , trail, im used to seeing 3 to 7 degrees in triples. Since your front axel is directly inline with tubes, how much tripple is in it,?

My ole ironehourse was 7 degress.

But it didnt wander at stock, it was hard to bring back to center.

I’ve been on a steel bridge and grooved pavement on my bikes. I know that feeling.

the feeling I’m getting is a very unstable feeling.

Everything is new on the build. Nothing should be worn. The axles is welded is in place so that won’t be sliding.

im not sure what you mean by how much triple is in it. The frame has 42 degrees and the trees have 3.

Took a couple of measurements this morning. Not sure if this makes sense. From front center point to outside front edge of the rear tires measure the same. Used a large square for the measurement. 080FDABB-3D93-4EF1-ACFA-FBC122A8021D.jpg

I’ve been on a steel bridge and grooved pavement on my bikes. I know that feeling.

the feeling I’m getting is a very unstable feeling.

Everything is new on the build. Nothing should be worn. The axles is welded is in place so that won’t be sliding.

im not sure what you mean by how much triple is in it. The frame has 42 degrees and the trees have 3.

3 degress in tree, ? That should be fine

Axel(s) welded

Im not the best for formal wording sometimes

Axel, shafts are inside of the housing

I asume you welded housing, not welded a spool inside it?

Or you did weld up the spiders?

i have an auto cad file that i use to lay out trail... with only 3 in the tree at 45 total i am guessing your trail is quite a bit more than 3 inches either way that should make it want to go straight. not wander

tough for me to get out during the daylight... any way you could trailer it up to east windsor more than happy to check it out its about an hr

860 six two three 2 five 4 seven

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png