Leather Lever Covers?

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Good morning kids ...

Anyone have, had, use Leather Lever Covers? With fringe, without fringe? Plain Leather, Embossed? I looked into Chrome Lever replacement and the prices are pretty steep. I saw this set of Gator Embossed Lever Covers for really inexpensive which match my seat as well ... As usual, any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpg Imports - 1 of 1.jpg

I would get them. They would look good on your bike. They could be a problem if you’re using one of the clutch levers designed to engage the clutch earlier. If the clutch switch doesn’t close it won’t start in gear and cruise control won’t release as it should.

I would get them. They would look good on your bike. They could be a problem if you’re using one of the clutch levers designed to engage the clutch earlier. If the clutch switch doesn’t close it won’t start in gear and cruise control won’t release as it should.

Have a hydraulic clutch on my 17, don't know if that matters. Never have used the cruise control. I don't think that the wraps are that thick but they are cheap enough to give them a try ... I think

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 3.20.29 PM.jpg

Have a hydraulic clutch on my 17, don't know if that matters. Never have used the cruise control. I don't think that the wraps are that thick but they are cheap enough to give them a try ... I think

View attachment 111653

You should be OK with the covers on the levers, when you use fatter than stock grips you run into trouble. I ran DS grips on my 17 with hydraulic clutch and had no problems

I don't remember if you said if your trike had the clutch recall done?

drag_specialties_vintage_style_grips_for_harley_fly_by_wire_750x750.jpg

You should be OK with the covers on the levers, when you use fatter than stock grips you run into trouble. I ran DS grips on my 17 with hydraulic clutch and had no problems

I don't remember if you said if your trike had the clutch recall done?

drag_specialties_vintage_style_grips_for_harley_fly_by_wire_750x750.jpg

Thanks ... I believe it has. Just got the bike in November and brought it down to HD for a look over. They ran the Vin and said A OK no outstanding warrants :) Was a one owner bike and the guy was meticulous about caring for it. Has been a pisser since we've had it

I had leather covers on the levers of my ultra limited and then again on my 19 tri glide. I had to cut a couple inches off because they kept slapping my arms at highway speed. After that they were fine.

I had leather covers on my SGS but since I sold it...now the new owner has them. Wife still has the same leather covers on her FatBoy Lo. I personnally liked them. Already have a pair to put on my Freewheeler once it arrives. Also a 2019 Black Vivid. Simply plain leather no pattern. Saved my Capt. Itch heat shield which I plan to put on the FLRT. That has the crocodile embossed inset.

"I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire,

I got a cobra snake for a necktie A brand new house on the road side,

and it's a-made out of rattlesnake hide..."

George Thorogood would be proud indeed. Nice job.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png