Kuryakyn Speedometer Trim Ring With Visor

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Good afternoon Ladies & Gents ...

Anyone have a speedometer trim ring with visor installed? Just picked up the Kuryakyn Speedometer Trim Ring With Visor, part # 112-Chrome. When I dry fit it over the speedometer on my 2017 Freewheeler it fits nicely but has about a 1/8" play around it which if I let it go would have it rest on the top of the speedo ring and a space at the bottom. If that makes any sense. I have not siliconed it up as the instructions call for yet, don't know if that will make up the space ... I have read where some guys used 3M mounting tape instead of the silicon. Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so muchJeff

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 2.28.09 PM.jpg

I like the looks of the Kury better than the HD model

I had the HD model on my 17 even tho the catalog said it would not fit

I used silicone to attach it, it stayed put, I suspect it would work good for the Kury you have

Thanks Jack ... did ya get what I meant about the wiggle space when dry fit? Ya think that the silicone will fill the gap? It wants to settle on to the top of the speedo. I could mask it in place while it dries or let it settle onto the top. Any input

Thanks again

Thanks Jack ... did ya get what I meant about the wiggle space when dry fit? Ya think that the silicone will fill the gap? It wants to settle on to the top of the speedo. I could mask it in place while it dries or let it settle onto the top. Any input

Thanks again

I ran a bead of silicone on the inside radius of the visor, set it and rode it the next day, no wiggles;)

Speedo Visor Trim Ring update ...

Ok so the Kuryakyn Trim Ring was just too deep for the Freewheeler. Bunch of play side to side as well. I ordered the HD version (A La Jack's) and was really pleased when it arrived. Although it did come pre-loaded with 3M, it just barely reached the original bezel so I went with the Silicone bead, let it set overnight and it worked out very nicely imho. Great little extra highlight to the pretty plain speedo.

Imports - 1 of 3.jpg Imports - 2 of 3.jpg Imports - 3 of 3.jpg Untitled - 1 of 1.jpg

Speedo Visor Trim Ring update ...

Ok so the Kuryakyn Trim Ring was just too deep for the Freewheeler. Bunch of play side to side as well. I ordered the HD version (A La Jack's) and was really pleased when it arrived. Although it did come pre-loaded with 3M, it just barely reached the original bezel so I went with the Silicone bead, let it set overnight and it worked out very nicely imho. Great little extra highlight to the pretty plain speedo.

View attachment 111690 View attachment 111691 View attachment 111692 View attachment 111693

Looks good, it is amazing that the parts book says it does not fit, I had this same part on my 07 Streetbob, when I sold it I kept the visor for my 15 Freewheeler, when I sold it I put it on my 17 Freewheeler

I left it on the 17 when I sold it

Looks good, it is amazing that the parts book says it does not fit, I had this same part on my 07 Streetbob, when I sold it I kept the visor for my 15 Freewheeler, when I sold it I put it on my 17 Freewheeler

I left it on the 17 when I sold it

Nice job with the multi repurposing Jack ... It is odd how many HD parts are listed "Does Not Fit" When I was looking to add my turn signal visors they were also listed as "Does Not Fit With LED Signals". Gotta thank priell3 for posting pics of his turn signal visors on his LED turn signals. Went on effortlessly in like 2 minutes.

Nice job with the multi repurposing Jack ... It is odd how many HD parts are listed "Does Not Fit" When I was looking to add my turn signal visors they were also listed as "Does Not Fit With LED Signals". Gotta thank priell3 for posting pics of his turn signal visors on his LED turn signals. Went on effortlessly in like 2 minutes.

I have been a test mule with parts fitment on Freewheelers

Just because it says does not fit, use your own best judgement and you will be fine

You have done a nice job making your Freewheeler a work in progress

Salute:clapping:

Jeff, if you ever come to Florida for Bike Week give me a holler

Thanks Jack … the Mrs. and I have had a “bike in progress” many times over our 50 years together. Several show quality pieces including a 72 FLH restoration, an Ultra Classic completely decked to the max with over 40 lights including sequential tail lighting, several super serious crotch rockets, a BSA Chopper, and a handful of 2 stroke 3 cylinder Kawasakis.

This is our 1st Trike and we are having a bunch of fun tricking it out. We come from Ft Lauderdale and we were frequent attendees at Daytona Beach bike week and Key West which always follows. I will hit you up if we make another Daytona and you do the same if you make 1 of the Myrtle Beach events.

I figure we have a dozen or so additions on the list for this Trike and I do enjoy sharing here on this forum. I always appreciate your input and the comments of all the great people we hear from. Stay tuned for more cool 😎 stuff.

Thanks so much

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png