Spring is on the way

Smitty901

400+ Posts
Mar 10, 2018
Lowell, WI, US
Spent part of winter getting ready for 2023.

Eye surgery. Right eye is done. Doing left eye tomorrow. Replace lens with multi-focual lens,cataract done and laser.

As of today right eye is coming along well.

Plan to ride sidecar to Murray KY Hannigan to have a new convertible top made leaving March 5th, get it done the 6th and ride home.

I had 5 more days buffer between eye surgery . A delay between right and left eye eat up the 5 day buffer. Will be cutting it close.

46 degrees today so the small rig is getting out for awhile. get out and ride this year. You never know . It may be your last chance.

Spent part of winter getting ready for 2023.

Eye surgery. Right eye is done. Doing left eye tomorrow. Replace lens with multi-focual lens,cataract done and laser.

As of today right eye is coming along well.

Plan to ride sidecar to Murray KY Hannigan to have a new convertible top made leaving March 5th, get it done the 6th and ride home.

I had 5 more days buffer between eye surgery . A delay between right and left eye eat up the 5 day buffer. Will be cutting it close.

46 degrees today so the small rig is getting out for awhile. get out and ride this year. You never know . It may be your last chance.

Hey - have a great trip - and, good luck with the eye.

When I had my sidecar top redone, it was done locally by an upholstery shop. You just want to take that 550 mile trip?

left eye was done today. All seems to have gone as planned. Patch comes off tomorrow at 1 PM. Then left the healing and brain adjust to the vision in both eyes.

We do not notice how over the years the cataracts dull and change vision. Even with this eye patch on It is like someone turned on the lights and lit up the world.

Now that funny cause I just left my eye doctor's office one hour ago, I just had "both" of my eyes done also...... OMG what a big difference, I didn't know how BLIND I was till I had the cataracts removed in both eyes.................Everything was blurry B-4 this surgery, now I can see clear again....

Ronnie

2/21/23

Day after surgery Follow up yesterday all good.

We have a bit of a snow storm going on right now. Amazing how bright everything is.

Each day eyes seem to improve. Not wearing glasses.

The trip down to Murray KY to have the new top done was interesting. Loaded it on the trailer. Weather concerns with the new eye work it seemed the right choice.

Friend of mine that owns a sidecar had never been to Hannigan's came along. When we got with in 150 miles of Murray KY. the weathers was great. No salt on the roads. We stopped for gas. We joked about unloading the sidecar and he would drive my car with the trailer. That is what we did. So I road it in to Murray.

The next morning showed up for appointment. They had the new top mostly made just an hour fitting it and getting it all lined up and it was done. Stayed the rest of the day and just rode around in 70 plus degree sunshine..

Around 1100 at night wide awake we decided to load it up and head home. I drove until sun up and it went well with the eyes.

20230307_103524.jpg

20230307_103546.jpg

Each day eyes seem to improve. Not wearing glasses.

The trip down to Murray KY to have the new top done was interesting. Loaded it on the trailer. weather concerns with the new eye work it seemed the right choice.

Friend of mine that owns a sidecar had never been to Hannigan's came along. Whne we got with in 150 miles of Murray KY. the weathers was great. No salt on the roads. We stopped for gas. We joked about unloading the sidecar and he would drive my car with the trailer. That is what we did. so I road it in to Murray.

The next morning showed to appointment. They had the new top most made already just an hour fitting it and getting it all lined up and it was done. Stayed the rest of the day and just rode around in 70 plus degree sunshine..

Around 1100 at night wide awake we decided to load it up and head home. I drove until sun up and it went well with the eyes.

View attachment 112000

View attachment 112001

👍👍….

Ready to turn around and head back to KY. Snow storm coming . Starting around 1500 today.

Looking out the window now bear ground and no snow. Here we go again.

Foot of snow last night. It was just wet enough so it was no drifting. We went from 98% bear ground to 100% snow cover

Warmed up so some of it is melting.

Plowed driveway and shoveled decks off. Spring will show up soon.

Here in Michigan the weather is confused. Two weeks ago it was sunny with record high 59 degrees for a few days, then we had a blizzard with 10 inches of snow. Then last week it was in the upper 50's all of the snow melt again, then we had 6 inches of snow again on Friday and it is still snowing. Oh well, hopefully this will be the last of it. :)

Here in Michigan the weather is confused. Two weeks ago it was sunny with record high 59 degrees for a few days, then we had a blizzard with 10 inches of snow. Then last week it was in the upper 50's all of the snow melt again, then we had 6 inches of snow again on Friday and it is still snowing. Oh well, hopefully this will be the last of it. :)

Trust me - I know the feeling. Lake Orion is on the other side of you - and we got about 13 inches the other day. Had two storms since then but it didn't amount to much.

We are getting that extra hour of daylight - so, to me that always means riding season is on the way.

GoCXZeq.jpg

Ok Spring must be following amtack . It is behind.

It has snowed every night now. Staying ahead of it thanks to temps warming up in the day and the ATV snow plow.

They calling for temps to drop . That generally means the snow will stop.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png