Ordered some Michelin Defenders for my Tri Glide today

I have them on the back of my 2016. I will have to replace them due to age before they wear enough to replace them.

Curious… how many seasons is “enough”? Mileage?

Last year was my first on three wheels. I anticipate based on where I’m at now replacing my front at about 12K.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Curious… how many seasons is “enough”? Mileage?

Last year was my first on three wheels. I anticipate based on where I’m at now replacing my front at about 12K.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

I have the Michelin CMDR II on the front. It's my second one. The first one had about 18k-20k on it. I expect to get about the same out of the one I have on there now. It's already about 10K with plenty of tread left. The rears (Michelin Defenders) have over 30K on them right now with plenty of tread left and no cracking. When I start seeing any cracking, I'll replace them. Even then, I'll still have plenty of tread left.

I have the Michelin CMDR II on the front. It's my second one. The first one had about 18k-20k on it. I expect to get about the same out of the one I have on there now. It's already about 10K with plenty of tread left. The rears (Michelin Defenders) have over 30K on them right now with plenty of tread left and no cracking. When I start seeing any cracking, I'll replace them. Even then, I'll still have plenty of tread left.

Did you see a ride improvement over the stock rears?

They were on it when I bought it used. The previous owner kept records in the owners manual so that’s how I know how many miles. So I don’t really have a comparison. I do know Michelin’s reputation though and have ran their tires on other vehicles and the difference there was noticeable.

Michelin Defender

Got about a 150 mile ride today and these Defenders are way better than the Signature

Michelin Defender LTX M/S All-Season 245/75R16 111T Tire(4.3)4.3 stars out of 1544 reviews1544 reviews$244.99>Michelin Defender Car Tires | Michelin® USA - Our Best …https://www.michelinman.com/.../by-family/de…Global web iconMICHELIN ® DEFENDER ® LTX ® M/S. Our Best Just Got Better. The MICHELIN ® Defender ® LTX ® M/S combines the proven tread design of the LTX ® M/S2 with Evertread™ compound to provide durable tread life, no matter the season. Improved Tread Life in Severe Conditions. Excellent Wet and Snow. Just trying to help...:Coffee:

Well got rid of the bike , traded for a 21 and the Michelin Defenders went with it. I will use the Dunlops until I can’t anymore. Our last ride on it was to Nova Scotia, Quebec Gaspe coast and around my hometown in New Brunswick… they were smooth.

My uncle's new trike gonna need a new set of tires soon! Waiting for the new suspension, nittos, and method wheels to get installed on the truck before we can take the trike in the garage. He's looking to get Michelin Defenders as well and I'll tip him about those tire pressures.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png