How many of you ride your trikes/bike night time

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm sitting here think'n that very rarely, have I ridden my trike/bike during the evening (night time) So I'm wondering if I'm the only (or one of the few)that NEVER ride at night..............(no actual reason why I never ride it nightly)

Ronnie

3/20/23

I'm sitting here think'n that very rarely, have I ridden my trike/bike during the evening (night time) So I'm wondering if I'm the only (or one of the few)that NEVER ride at night..............(no actual reason why I never ride it nightly)

Ronnie

3/20/23

I don’t make a habit of it….But when I have to I will …I just have to be extra careful of the Woods Rats…🦌. They refused to cross at the designated crosswalks ..

I definitely try to avoid riding at night. Between the potholes, branches, road debris and anything else that might be in the road it’s not worth it. Not to mention headlights in my eyes and one other thing,…there’s a helluva lot more drunks out at night than during the day when I have more reaction time to avoid them. There’s plenty of daylight during riding season.

Very seldom do we ride at night for many of the reasons mentioned.

Don't ride at night. A few years back a group of us would go on a dinner ride occasionally that had us coming home after dark. But we got too old to stay up that late..... :)

I work nights and ride mine to work and back often. 125 miles round trip on the interstate, both ways in the dark due to my split shift hours. That's why mine is lit up like an airport. I usually don't have to deal with a lot of traffic either at the times I am traveling. It's always going the opposite direction. If I didn't ride it to work, I'd almost never get to ride. Adulting sucks.

We don't purposely avoid riding at night, especially when riding in the local area. If we are out to dinner and it it is getting late it is no big deal. Last year we made a long, solo night run into the middle of Michigan after we got off the SS Badger car ferry. For those of you who are not aware, the middle of Michigan is pretty close to the dark side of the moon. It was threatening rain, street lights were few and far between and we pushed as hard as I felt comfortable with, much of the way 2 lane country roads. In the end, we missed the rain and arrived at our hotel with no problems of any kind. It wasn't fun, but if had to to do it again I would.

We don't purposely avoid riding at night, especially when riding in the local area. If we are out to dinner and it it is getting late it is no big deal. Last year we made a long, solo night run into the middle of Michigan after we got off the SS Badger car ferry. For those of you who are not aware, the middle of Michigan is pretty close to the dark side of the moon. It was threatening rain, street lights were few and far between and we pushed as hard as I felt comfortable with, much of the way 2 lane country roads. In the end, we missed the rain and arrived at our hotel with no problems of any kind. It wasn't fun, but if had to to do it again I would.

Like most, we don't make a habit of riding at night. Still, here in Michigan, during the summertime, it is still light until 9:30 or so. So, the weather is pretty nice during those hours - and we ride.

PFWIZ - haven't seen you here is some time. If you went to the Bagger - my bet is you passed right by me on the way home. Next time, let me know - we will have your "hotel" room and dinner ready.

Only if I have to. On trips it can be unavoidable (like Sturgis or events like the Harley celebrations), but if I can avoid it, I do.

Like most, we don't make a habit of riding at night. Still, here in Michigan, during the summertime, it is still light until 9:30 or so. So, the weather is pretty nice during those hours - and we ride.

PFWIZ - haven't seen you here is some time. If you went to the Bagger - my bet is you passed right by me on the way home. Next time, let me know - we will have your "hotel" room and dinner ready.

For some reason I cannot send you a personal message...

If I remember correctly you told me you were planning on doing the Gettysburg thing in Aug? Is this correct? I also have that planned, depending on our travel dates maybe we can ride out together...

For some reason I cannot send you a personal message...

If I remember correctly you told me you were planning on doing the Gettysburg thing in Aug? Is this correct? I also have that planned, depending on our travel dates maybe we can ride out together...

Hey - good to hear from you.

Yes, we are headed to Gettysburg. Leaving our are on Tuesday, Aug 15th. Stopping in Canton for the first night. Next day, head to Gettysburg and stop at Memorial 93 on the way down.

A few folks from the chapter are going - think we have 5 bikes and would love to meet you on the way down and during the event.

My e-mail is cycle7447@aol.com - I can provide all of our details.

We don't ride much at night because of the roads and all the elk here in the Packwood, WA area. We just purchased a 2008 Gold Wing Roadsmith and look forward to increase our riding. Plan on touring a lot this summer.

We don't ride much at night because of the roads and all the elk here in the Packwood, WA area. We just purchased a 2008 Gold Wing Roadsmith and look forward to increase our riding. Plan on touring a lot this summer.

Out here in Jersey the Deer 🦌 were a problem…Till the State put in designated deer crossings….Problem solved!😁..

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png