Trike Trunk

Truckdogg4

10+ Posts
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Goldwing Trike. The bottom trunk button quit working. Any suggestions?

Most of the time there's a cable under the seat you can pull to open the trunk looks like a throttle cable with no covering on it .

I have a 2021 Goldwing Trike. The bottom trunk button quit working. Any suggestions?

You sure your FOB is close enough to the receiver........it can be touchy as the CSC Trike kit install moves the bike's receiver to a less than optimum location. I moved mine from the location the installer put it, and it works so much better now.

Maybe try holding the FOB up close to the underside of the Goldwing trunk to see if it works?

Most of the time there's a cable under the seat you can pull to open the trunk looks like a throttle cable with no covering on it .

I have just acquired a CSC Volusia trike. Problem is there is no key fob, which as I understand wasn't working for some time and then lost. I have the cable but it isn't opening the trunk and I'm pulling pretty hard at it. I've got to get it open.

any further advice is appreciated.

Thanks .

I have just acquired a CSC Volusia trike. Problem is there is no key fob, which as I understand wasn't working for some time and then lost. I have the cable but it isn't opening the trunk and I'm pulling pretty hard at it. I've got to get it open.

Thanks .

Terrence.. Welcome to Trike Talk….👍👍

Thanks .

Have someone push in on the top of the door while you pull on the cable.

You sure your FOB is close enough to the receiver........it can be touchy as the CSC Trike kit install moves the bike's receiver to a less than optimum location. I moved mine from the location the installer put it, and it works so much better now.

Maybe try holding the FOB up close to the underside of the Goldwing trunk to see if it works?

I've heard this before, where did you find yours and where did you move it to, and do you have pictures?

The PO I got my bike from had put a cover over the FOB and it was cutting down on the distance it could transmit I removed the cover and it seams to work better.

On another thread, I had a similar problem opening the Roadsmith trunk.

It was explained to me, on another forum, the rightmost lever on the Goldwing trunk, which operated the saddle bag on the non-triked Goldwing, will open the Roadsmith trunk. Voila! I got to drink my ice cream..

It may be worth a shot.

apologies

I have been working way to much and not responding to those trying to educate me about the trike life. So, here's the update:

Trike is running great. Enjoying the ride. Still trying to figure out the right cold and wet weather gear. Received information about buying Carhart or Dickies insulated coverall for the cold. Might just go with Frog togs as a wet weather solution or maybe used gortex from military surplus[worked while I was active]. Did the first differential oil change no issues except the refill- use a clear tube with funnel to put new oil in-pain to keep in place. A car ramp, jack stands, and floor jack work great for differential oil change. oil changes-just slide under it. I think I'm going to need compression bags for clothing. Just waiting on the weather to stabilize prior to making a long trip.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png