2019 GL1800 Tour Key

Leaky Waders

40+ Posts
Reaction score
The GL1800 comes with a few keys that open the trunk. Once converted to a trike with a CSC Encore kit is there a use for the key? I have looked and cannot find a key hole on the trike.

Paul

I thought someone with more information would have chimed in by now but from what little I know of this I think you are right I believe the key opened the left saddle bag so I don't think it is used any longer

The GL1800 comes with a few keys that open the trunk. Once converted to a trike with a CSC Encore kit is there a use for the key? I have looked and cannot find a key hole on the trike.

Paul

There is no key for for the CSC rear trunk, just a small button on the top right side. There is also a backup wire release cable with a loop on the end that is accessible just under the side of the seat, under the side cover. It is located either on the left or right side depending on which side the installer ran it.

There is no key for for the CSC rear trunk, just a small button on the top right side. There is also a backup wire release cable with a loop on the end that is accessible just under the side of the seat, under the side cover. It is located either on the left or right side depending on which side the installer ran it.

Thanks Randall.

I also received this reply from CSC: "The key is no longer needed.".

I threw my keys in the trash

One day I have to bite the bullet throw all my old keys in the trash ..I probably have five pounds of keys laying around in my house and garage/barn’ and some of them date back to the 70’s…And I don’t have any idea what most of them fit….And the ones that I know what they’re for ‘ Are for vehicles (Cars -Trucks-Motorcycles ATV/ATC’s) that I sold years ago..I guess it goes back to what my Old Man pressed into my head..Don’t throw anything out cause you never know if you’ll need it again..?.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png