2015 twin cooled radiator lifespan and brake switch

gfaltersack

50+ Posts
May 23, 2018
forestville wisconsin usa
Anybody have experience for how long radiators might last on a 2015 triglide with 28000 miles? I bought mine dec 26, 2022 in wisconsin and could not test ride. Yesterday's test ride revealed coolant leaking from the right side. The clamps are beefy and i can't look behind to see where the leak may be. Worst case scenario like our old 1985 pontiac sunbird with plastic heater core a crack develops on the plastic pipe where the hose connects when the plastic gets old after a bazillion heat/cool cycles (maybe)? Secondly, the brake switch is malfunctioning intermittently causing the brake lights to stay on and kicking out the cruise control. Thanks to this forum i read numerous diagnostics to help me diagnose the brake swith problem. Any thoughts about radiator life expectance? Harley oem parts wants $215 each! If one goes bad i would replace both right away and not fool around. We are interstate riders and want peace of mind. It goes to hd service this friday.

Since this subject rarely comes up on this forum, I would think you would get at least 50,000 miles out of the radiators. You may have bad clamps or if the radiators were recently serviced, maybe a tech screwed up. I would also think coolant changes at proper service intervals and annual cleaning of the fins will help longevity.

Good luck and keep us posted on the cause of the leak.

Anybody have experience for how long radiators might last on a 2015 triglide with 28000 miles? I bought mine dec 26, 2022 in wisconsin and could not test ride. Yesterday's test ride revealed coolant leaking from the right side. The clamps are beefy and i can't look behind to see where the leak may be. Worst case scenario like our old 1985 pontiac sunbird with plastic heater core a crack develops on the plastic pipe where the hose connects when the plastic gets old after a bazillion heat/cool cycles (maybe)? Secondly, the brake switch is malfunctioning intermittently causing the brake lights to stay on and kicking out the cruise control. Thanks to this forum i read numerous diagnostics to help me diagnose the brake swith problem. Any thoughts about radiator life expectance? Harley oem parts wants $215 each! If one goes bad i would replace both right away and not fool around. We are interstate riders and want peace of mind. It goes to hd service this friday.

Try the easy solution to the problem first…(The Law of Parsimony)….. make sure the overflow tank cap is on the second detent it takes a heavy hand to get the cap secure..

Take a look at the neck and cap area and over flow tank and cap. You could have a clamp leaking too.

I don't think they have seen very many radiator problems.

As far as the brake light switch i have been though replacing it and it is a bitch. It can be done without removing the exhaust but it's tight.

Good Luck !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png