Changes, Tribute and Keeping it in the family.

SouthportFLRT

60+ Posts
Feb 2, 2023
Southport NC USA
Yesterday I attempted to post a photo in reference to the Cobra Trunk Guard that I installed. Yep, the pic posted sideways. Undaunted I will once again attempt to post 3 photos. I have since added the H-D Luggage Rack but sadly, unbeknowst to me at that time, some silicone was on a finger or two and was unceremoniously smeared onto the black trunk. Have attempted to remove the offending marks but without much success. 91% Isopropyl alcohol, Meijer's Glaze, WD-40 all for naught. Anyone else have an answer..I am willing to try The silicone is "clear" but leaves a dull mark. Oh well...there won't be a next time I guess. So yeah....as the title suggests...the Luggage Rack is the Changes.

The Tribute is my license plate to my male GSP that sadly we lost to osteosarcoma on 02/28/22. And the Keeping it in the Family is the addition of H-D Slipstream floorboards, Brake pedal and shifter pegs that also adorn my wife's FatBoy. Some might realize that I turned her FatBoy into a Bagger several years ago. A winter project that she truly loves and I am quite proud of. Her pinstriping was done by The Wizard, Steve Chaszeyka, during the period that she was undergoing treatment, radiology and chemo for her own battle with cancer. Thankfully she won!!

Now to post the pics. Hopefully not sideways but at this moment all bets are off.

20230414_122257.jpg

20230414_122237.jpg
Yesterday I attempted to post a photo in reference to the Cobra Trunk Guard that I installed. Yep, the pic posted sideways. Undaunted I will once again attempt to post 3 photos. I have since added the H-D Luggage Rack but sadly, unbeknowst to me at that time, some silicone was on a finger or two and was unceremoniously smeared onto the black trunk. Have attempted to remove the offending marks but without much success. 91% Isopropyl alcohol, Meijer's Glaze, WD-40 all for naught. Anyone else have an answer..I am willing to try The silicone is "clear" but leaves a dull mark. Oh well...there won't be a next time I guess. So yeah....as the title suggests...the Luggage Rack is the Changes. The Tribute is my license plate to my male GSP that sadly we lost to osteosarcoma on 02/28/22. And the Keeping it in the Family is the addition of H-D Slipstream floorboards, Brake pedal and shifter pegs that also adorn my wife's FatBoy. Some might realize that I turned her FatBoy into a Bagger several years ago. A winter project that she truly loves and I am quite proud of. Her pinstriping was done by The Wizard, Steve Chaszeyka, during the period that she was undergoing treatment, radiology and chemo for her own battle with cancer. Thankfully she won!!

Now to post the pics. Hopefully not sideways but at this moment all bets are off.View attachment 112550

James, I don’t know of anything that will “cut” or breakdown silicone. With everything clean and dry (especially your hands) try rubbing firmly with your thumb in one direction only. You would be attempting to lift the edge of the silicone and roll and peel it off of your paint. Good luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ray8275

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ray8275
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png