Leans in corners?

May 8, 2023
Jefferson
I am new to this forum. Thanks.

I have a 2014 HD Ultra Limited with a new CSC conversion. Bike leans in the corners and very sensitive steering. Ride is very comfortable.

Should I put a steering dampener on, and some kind of anti-sway bar?

Thanks

I have a 2014 HD Ultra Limited with a new CSC conversion. Bike leans in the corners and very sensitive steering. Ride is very comfortable.

Thanks

Randy ...Welcome To Trike-Talk....:wave4::wave4:..How much air do you have in the front tire?...anything over 36...Cold is too much....As far as the leaning in corners i never heard of a trike doing that?...At least not a CSC....

Thanks

Sir - welcome to Trike Talk. Congrats on your new CSC conversion. Before I got my 2021, I had a 2014 Ultra and was considering triking that.

Please do post a picture so we can see your new trike.

My trike does not "lean into the corners - trying to imagine what you are saying. You did mention that the steering is very sensitive. Sounds like you had a rake kit installed - do you recall what degree you got. For my Ultra, I got 11% - and believe this is the right thing from your bike.

Also, what installed your kit?

Finally, CSC has a passenger comfort ARB package that is designed to give the passenger a more comfortable ride. Don't think that has any effect of the bike handling.

By the way, I run 40 in my front tire and 26 in my rear tires. Have a very smooth ride and handles well.

Thanks

being independent that is the nature of the beast to some extent

2014 Ultra Limited CSC 2023.

Sir - welcome to Trike Talk. Congrats on your new CSC conversion. Before I got my 2021, I had a 2014 Ultra and was considering triking that.

Please do post a picture so we can see your new trike.

My trike does not "lean into the corners - trying to imagine what you are saying. You did mention that the steering is very sensitive. Sounds like you had a rake kit installed - do you recall what degree you got. For my Ultra, I got 11% - and believe this is the right thing from your bike.

Also, what installed your kit?

Finally, CSC has a passenger comfort ARB package that is designed to give the passenger a more comfortable ride. Don't think that has any effect of the bike handling.

By the way, I run 40 in my front tire and 26 in my rear tires. Have a very smooth ride and handles well.

I should have listened to Joe at C&C Custom. He said I should ride it 500 miles. Riding a trike is a very new experience. Once we got used to the way a trike handles it is a dream come true. Best ride of anything I have ever rode on or in. Very comfortable and the wife is so very happy she is looking forward to more rides. Harley Trikes do not have IRS. I have a bet with someone that says they most definitely do.

I should have listened to Joe at C&C Custom. He said I should ride it 500 miles. Riding a trike is a very new experience. Once we got used to the way a trike handles it is a dream come true. Best ride of anything I have ever rode on or in. Very comfortable and the wife is so very happy she is looking forward to more rides. Harley Trikes do not have IRS. I have a bet with someone that says they most definitely do.

Sounds like you got it all worked out. Like you, I enjoy my trike. Please do post a picture.

And, the Harley TriGlide does not have independent suspention

Randy ...Welcome To Trike-Talk....:wave4::wave4:..How much air do you have in the front tire?...anything over 36...Cold is too much....As far as the leaning in corners i never heard of a trike doing that?...At least not a CSC....

By leaning in the corners I think he means that it leans away from the direction he’s turning. I had a 97 wing with a Roadsmith standard sway bar. 5/8” diameter. If I took a right turn the body would lean to the left and vice versa. It would make my stomach do somersaults. I had the heavy duty sway bar, 1”, and it made a world of difference. I don’t know what CSC has but it probably rolls a little being an IR suspension. If you’re not used to it, it’s not a good feeling.

By leaning in the corners I think he means that it leans away from the direction he’s turning. I had a 97 wing with a Roadsmith standard sway bar. 5/8” diameter. If I took a right turn the body would lean to the left and vice versa. It would make my stomach do somersaults. I had the heavy duty sway bar, 1”, and it made a world of difference. I don’t know what CSC has but it probably rolls a little being an IR suspension. If you’re not used to it, it’s not a good feeling.

If you go to the OP ‘s post # 11….Every thing is peachy keen now….

His light bulb “💡”…Turned on…😳..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png