Harley Fuel Filter

keikat2

90+ Posts
Jun 9, 2018
Forney, Texas, USA
Is there any reason why I should use a Harley OEM Fuel Filter for replacement on my 2014 Tri-Glide? Even though aftermarket fuel filters appear to be same design and manufactured paper material, is there something special about the Harley OEM fuel filter I should be aware of?

Thank you,

Allen S.

Is there any reason why I should use a Harley OEM Fuel Filter for replacement on my 2014 Tri-Glide? Even though aftermarket fuel filters appear to be same design and manufactured paper material, is there something special about the Harley OEM fuel filter I should be aware of?

Thank you,

Allen S.

How do you know they "appear to be same design and manufactured paper material"?

The OEM filter will be made to OEM specifications, and if it were my machine, I would not go through all the work of gutting the fuel tank and re assembling using parts of unknown manufacture...

The OEM filter is 20 dollars.

The reason I was asking about using an aftermarket fuel filter for my 2014 Tri-Glide is because I cannot seem to find a Harley OEM fuel filter without having to go to a Harley dealership. I have searched EBAY, Amazon, and the actual Harley Davidson Parts website. In turn, it seems a Harley dealership website (IE: Surdyke, Wisconsin Harley, etc....) seems to be the only place to order an OEM fuel filter other than "fighting the traffic" going to the Dallas Harley-Davidson dealership, near Garland, Texas, to get one.

Thank you for your responses.

Allen S.

The reason I was asking about using an aftermarket fuel filter for my 2014 Tri-Glide is because I cannot seem to find a Harley OEM fuel filter without having to go to a Harley dealership. I have searched EBAY, Amazon, and the actual Harley Davidson Parts website. In turn, it seems a Harley dealership website (IE: Surdyke, Wisconsin Harley, etc....) seems to be the only place to order an OEM fuel filter other than "fighting the traffic" going to the Dallas Harley-Davidson dealership, near Garland, Texas, to get one.

Thank you for your responses.

Allen S.

I would probably go with the Drag Specialties filter then

I`m not understanding why you are having such a difficult time with this part...

In about one minute I came to this on the HD parts site:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 143132.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png