Needed: 2004 Lehman Honda GL1800 Lehman Drum Brake Power Bleeding Procedure

Ray & Paula

Apr 26, 2013
Clio MI USA
Needed: 2004 Lehman Honda GL1800 Lehman Drum Brake Power Bleeding Procedure

Hi, I created a Thread back in 2015 (below) in regards to bleeding my drum brakes on my 2004 Lehman Honda GL1800 non ABS Monarch (not a Monarch ll) I received some great manual procedures back then that worked great but, took a little time. I now have a Motive power bleeder (below) and would like to know if anyone here has performed the procedure with a power bleeder? If so, could you please give me some insight on the procedure? I would sincerely appreciate your input. Thanks. Ray

Older Thread: https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thr...2004-Lehman-GL1800-Owners?p=297078#post297078

Brake Bleeder:
https://www.motiveproducts.com/prod...ine-kits-marine?_pos=1&_psq=0102&_ss=e&_v=1.0

On my motorcycles I never used a power bleeder, just pump up - hold - open - shut - pump up - hold - open - shut - pump up - hold - open - shut - etc as needed. On the trike, same but let Wife sit on the trike and do the pedal.

I have used my vacuum bleeder on the trike. I have one that uses a tank and my compressor drives the vacuum pump that exerts a steady pull. It's good on cars or trucks, I have adapters to place a reserve brake fluid bottle on the master cylinder top, but not for the trike.

I also have a mighty vac hand held that does well on a trike, etc. I grease the bleeder valve threads with a smear to seal them else air get's pulled in.

I've also used a bleeder hose with one way valve immersed in brake fluid.

I do not have a "motive power" power bleeder, I made one using a garden sprayer. Thing with it is you have to have a good seal on top of a master cylinder, or you are gonna have a mess.

On my motorcycles I never used a power bleeder, just pump up - hold - open - shut - pump up - hold - open - shut - pump up - hold - open - shut - etc as needed. On the trike, same but let Wife sit on the trike and do the pedal.

I have used my vacuum bleeder on the trike. I have one that uses a tank and my compressor drives the vacuum pump that exerts a steady pull. It's good on cars or trucks, I have adapters to place a reserve brake fluid bottle on the master cylinder top, but not for the trike.

I also have a mighty vac hand held that does well on a trike, etc. I grease the bleeder valve threads with a smear to seal them else air get's pulled in.

I've also used a bleeder hose with one way valve immersed in brake fluid.

I do not have a "motive power" power bleeder, I made one using a garden sprayer. Thing with it is you have to have a good seal on top of a master cylinder, or you are gonna have a mess.

Thanks for the input.... I always had my wife help me as well with brake bleeding until I came across the speed bleeders. I did the pump and hold method as well which as you know was a little time consuming. These speed bleeders are in a word awesome. Just pump until the brake fluid comes out clean and air free and move on to the next one. A little expensive but, extremely happy I went that route. Thanks again. Ray :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png