2013 Victory Vision Crossbow frame weld cracked

Hit a speed bump and right side of trike collapsed into wheel well due to weld breaking at right side crossmember to wheel arm and broke belt in the process of getting it off the road. Now I have a broken obsolete trike that I can't seem to find parts for ( trike kit parts) and nobody wants to touch it (as far as welding) due to liability issues. Coming here to get some ideas and suggestions as I am at a loss as what to do. It was fully covered and insurance company adjuster wrote an $1200. estimate which I didn't accept due to reasons above... Help! 🙃

Hit a speed bump and right side of trike collapsed into wheel well due to weld breaking at right side crossmember to wheel arm and broke belt in the process of getting it off the road. Now I have a broken obsolete trike that I can't seem to find parts for ( trike kit parts) and nobody wants to touch it (as far as welding) due to liability issues. Coming here to get some ideas and suggestions as I am at a loss as what to do. It was fully covered and insurance company adjuster wrote an $1200. estimate which I didn't accept due to reasons above... Help! 🙃

Try this - since the adjuster wrote a $1200 estimate, he must have gotten that figure from somewhere? Perhaps he can provide his supplier's contact info and they can fix it. If not, then maybe they will total it.

Have you tried talking with the shop that installed the trike kit….I see you’re from Philly… hopefully it wasn’t from new Berlin New Jersey..I think they close shop..?

Is it steel or aluminum? The insurance adjuster more than likely pulled that number out of his Ass ! he has no books or anything to go by on the parts time or labor. Can you post a picture ? Find a good Welder have them weld it up & reinforce it , if the weld broke it can be rewelded & made better than new . I dont see a big deal .

The part that is cracked would be like a sub frame for the trike part only. It connects the bike to the trike part. It is steel. I will try to post pic as it has part # or serial number on it.

Who made/ manufactured the Trike part …And did you install it yourself?..Or did you have it done by a shop?

Find a fabricator or frame builder there in the Northeast. See if he will build you some fish plates to connect the trike (steel)to the Victory frame (aluminium ) without welding. Do both sides. You will probably have to travel a bit. I am assuming you have tried to contact the old Lehman shop or their successors, if any? I thought one of the major trike companies took on the shop.

Who made/ manufactured the Trike part …And did you install it yourself?..Or did you have it done by a shop?

This was / is a Factory (Lehman) made Crossbow trike kit installed at Lehman facility in Spearfish , SD . I bought it used already built in 2018 on consignment for $20K at the original shop that sent this bike to be built into trike back in 2013. I believe the axle is made by Champion? The rest of trike kit was made and built exclusively by Lehman. This is best info I have learned but all parties involved seem to be no longer in business.

Tried to dm you, is part removable, ect. Try n message me.

I am going to try to disassemble the trike and remove that part and see if it can be fixed or maybe fabricate a new one but seriously, I would love to find a way to put an Independent suspension on this trike as the ride is awesome on nice roads but where I live in Phila, PA , it's annoying and painful. It's called live and learn I guess. I just want to ride the damn thing and I have the worse luck with decision making and choices I usually regret. Still Victory is my favorite and zero regrets on the bike part ever!

I am going to try to disassemble the trike and remove that part and see if it can be fixed or maybe fabricate a new one but seriously, I would love to find a way to put an Independent suspension on this trike as the ride is awesome on nice roads but where I live in Phila, PA , it's annoying and painful. It's called live and learn I guess. I just want to ride the damn thing and I have the worse luck with decision making and choices I usually regret. Still Victory is my favorite and zero regrets on the bike part ever!

Victory a.k.a. Polaris made a great bike. I had one of the iron frame ones the gunner’ but as soon as Polaris pulled the plug on Victory, I traded it in for another triglide…

This happened to my 2011 Vision trike. The original owner was a millwright. I believe he took off the fenders and found the broken welds. He then made some gussets or brackets and welded them where the were cracked or broken making them stronger then they were. My question is now how to lift up the trike to inspect the under carriage that he welded. Any help there??

Have you tried talking with the shop that installed the trike kit….I see you’re from Philly… hopefully it wasn’t from new Berlin New Jersey..I think they close shop..?

The Trike Shop that was in Berlin, NJ (Ace Trike) moved to Glassboro for a few years. As of last October they moved again, this time to Harrington, DE.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png